Sign in to follow this  
christiaan

FSX SP1 not in add/remove, installed ?

Got a new PC.Installed FSX which due to specifications was not installed on the older PC, SP1 installed, install went very fast ( about a minute) and was successful. However it does not show in the ADD/REMOVE unlike SP2 which installed files and shows up in ADD/REMOVE.How can I be certain that it was installed into FSX.I have Window 7, have FSX and FS9 on a second HD.Also have re- installed FS9, add-ons went very smoothly and trouble free.

Got a new PC.Installed FSX which due to specifications was not installed on the older PC, SP1 installed, install went very fast ( about a minute) and was successful. However it does not show in the ADD/REMOVE unlike SP2 which installed files and shows up in ADD/REMOVE.How can I be certain that it was installed into FSX.I have Window 7, have FSX and FS9 on a second HD.Also have re- installed FS9, add-ons went very smoothly and trouble free.
I believe only SP2 shows, because you cannot remove SP1 without removing SP2 first.

Bert

That is Microsofts way of assuring you uninstall items in the correct order.Once SP2 is uninstalled then SP1 will show, once SP1 is unistalled then FSX will show.Hope that makes sense.

Check what version of FSX is installed. You can not have SP2 installed with out SP1 so if the version is correct for SP2 SP1 is assumed installed by default.SP1: 10.0.61355 SP2: 10.0.61472XPack: 10.0.61637You can check this by bringing up the About dialog box from the Help menu from within the sim.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Thanks for the quick replies.When I move the mouse over FSX it shows 10.0.61472 which seems to be SP2 version.However when I installed SP1 and before the install from SP2, this did not show up in ADD/REMOVE, so will it then show up if need to remove SP2?? Otherwise how would I be able to delete SP1Will removing the SP's have any conflict with the original files?

Thanks for the quick replies.When I move the mouse over FSX it shows 10.0.61472 which seems to be SP2 version.However when I installed SP1 and before the install from SP2, this did not show up in ADD/REMOVE, so will it then show up if need to remove SP2?? Otherwise how would I be able to delete SP1Will removing the SP's have any conflict with the original files?
I am not sure, I seem to remember when just SP1 was installed that it did show up in remove programs (I am sure it did). So if you remove SP2 not sure if SP1 will be there ( I think it will be though).I never remove the Service packs, it will potentially mess up payware aircraft like PMDG for sure. Usually if I have a problem that requires that I remove a Service Pack I just do a clean install. However bear in mind I am a FSX purest and do not mess with anything that could even remotely cause me greif. Pure slash and burn man.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Once again thanks,most sceneries have installed without any trouble although a couple never get beyond start to install stage.Will inform with the manufacturer.