Sign in to follow this  
MattSC1

Replacement Sandy Bridge Board on the way

My replacement P8P67-M Pro board is on the way and I face a couple of choices1) Uninstall all the drivers from the current board, replace with the new board and reload all of my drivers and keep the current configuration.or2) Do a complete fresh install of windows 7, FSX and FS9. If I do, I probably will take my 240GB SSD which currently has FSX and FS9 and use it for the OS and other programs and put both FSX and FS9 on their own 120GB ssd.Thoughts ? I'm leaning towards option 2. I'm going to have this system for awhile, and don't want any issues cropping up in the future.Thanks for your time Matt

Matt, you are replacing a mobo with the same mobo, right?You don't have to worry nor to uninstall anything.Just replace your motherboard, plug everything and fire FSX!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David is correct. Last Thursday I replaced my motherboard. All I had to do was reactivate windows which is easy and setup the bios again.

Sweet!! I am replacing with the same board. Thanks guys, you just saved me a ton of work, now I can spend some time flying!!

Guest firehawk44
David is correct. Last Thursday I replaced my motherboard. All I had to do was reactivate windows which is easy and setup the bios again.
I replaced mine last week and didn't have to reactivate Windows 7 but had to reactivate MS Office. When I started up FSX, the FS Dreamteam security program worked like a charm and reactivated all my FSDT airports based on the new MB.Best regards,Jim

Just an update, the new board is installed and everything seems to be running fine. I did have to reactivate windows, but online activation worked fine. Thanks for your help,Matt