Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Lost all wave animation?

Just realized this a few minutes ago. The ocean is motionless. The sparkling light on waves are frozen. I've switched the water effects from lowest to highest but no effect. What files should I be looking for. I just installed FSDreamteam Hawaii airports so I am looking around their files. Still too new to FSX so I am just searching around... think I'll check the effects folder.Any suggestions... thx

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Well I found what is causing the issue. It is Bojote's Shader 3 mod?!? I uninstalled using it's auto-uninstaller and bam, the water motion was back. Is this normal? Am I supposed to do something in addition to installing this mod to "make waves"? Starting to read up on that huge thread to see if I am missing something but it's 27 pages long, yikes!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Well I found what is causing the issue. It is Bojote's Shader 3 mod?!? I uninstalled using it's auto-uninstaller and bam, the water motion was back. Is this normal? Am I supposed to do something in addition to installing this mod to "make waves"? Starting to read up on that huge thread to see if I am missing something but it's 27 pages long, yikes!
Glad you found out what was causing it. From what I understand the waves should work with that mod, although I have never used the shader mod since I seem to get good performance as it, so I cant really comment on what needs to be done.Worst case just send ******* a PM if he doesn't see this thread. I'm sure he will be glad to help you and will most likely repsond quickly. I've pm'ed him in the past asking a few questions and he always got back to me really quick. It's probably just something that needs to be set somewhere along the way and the installer didn't carry out the operation.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,Just make sure you follow this steps and you'll see everything back to normal:1) Install the Shader 3 mod2) After instalation is complete, open the WaterConstants.Xml file located in the main FSX directory3) Look for the following entry: <fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2>4) Change all ocurrences of the above value from -0.006 to -0.306 (You should see it three times)5) Start FSX, problem solved.

Hi,Just make sure you follow this steps and you'll see everything back to normal:1) Install the Shader 3 mod2) After instalation is complete, open the WaterConstants.Xml file located in the main FSX directory3) Look for the following entry: <fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2>4) Change all ocurrences of the above value from -0.006 to -0.306 (You should see it three times)5) Start FSX, problem solved.
I am not seeing this value in my WaterConstants.xml file, and I have checked it several times. Is this a default entry?

Thank you my good man. I went into my xml file and found one instance of '<fTimeScale2>-0.006</fTimeScale2>' but saw two other instances with a different number so I assumed you meant those other two as well. Change them all to -0.006 and got my waves back! Thx. I am usually pretty good at reading README files but I see no mention of this in there. Did I miss it a second time around reading? No matter... it's working. The light sparkle is a little intense but I see in the "big kahuna" thread one can play around with that so I will keep reading (up to page 12, ha!).Thanks for you many contributions,Clutch

I am not seeing this value in my WaterConstants.xml file, and I have checked it several times. Is this a default entry?
Hi Shane,This is added in the most recent version. (1.6) the one linked from my signature.I completely changed the water shaders from the 1.5 to the 1.6 version so a future integration with FSWC is possible (still some changes are required) but is much easier to implement due to some comments I added to the shader file.Anyway, upgrading to the 1.6 version is not required, and the 1.5 version does not use the <fTimeScale2> value.

Aren't the wave animations activated by checking the Advanced Animations box?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png