Sign in to follow this  
rsfjustin

Missing Control Z line of red text

Hi everyone,In the last few days, FS2004 on my computer has been missing the lines of red texts that usually appear on the upper or lower edges of my screen. When my parking break is on, there usually is a red line telling me to press "." to release the brake. And when i click control z, there should be a line of information on the upper edge of the screen. However, in the past 3 days, those lines have dissapeared, I have tried restarting it and going through the options menu. Has anybody ever encountered this problem, and if so, is there a fix? I don't want to waste time uninstalling and reinstalling the game. HELP!!!Thanks,EDIT: Thanks to bobbyjack for clarifying my question, I mean shift-Z sorry, its getting late here :(

Hi everyone,In the last few days, FS2004 on my computer has been missing the lines of red texts that usually appear on the upper or lower edges of my screen. When my parking break is on, there usually is a red line telling me to press "." to release the brake. And when i click control z, there should be a line of information on the upper edge of the screen. However, in the past 3 days, those lines have dissapeared, I have tried restarting it and going through the options menu. Has anybody ever encountered this problem, and if so, is there a fix? I don't want to waste time uninstalling and reinstalling the game. HELP!!!Thanks,
Shift-Z is what you want. I don't remember where the setting to turn on warnings is. I'll try to find it for you.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi everyone,In the last few days, FS2004 on my computer has been missing the lines of red texts that usually appear on the upper or lower edges of my screen. When my parking break is on, there usually is a red line telling me to press "." to release the brake. And when i click control z, there should be a line of information on the upper edge of the screen. However, in the past 3 days, those lines have dissapeared, I have tried restarting it and going through the options menu. Has anybody ever encountered this problem, and if so, is there a fix? I don't want to waste time uninstalling and reinstalling the game. HELP!!!Thanks,EDIT: Thanks to bobbyjack for clarifying my question, I mean shift-Z sorry, its getting late here :(
The display you are missing is not related to Shifted Z. It is a setting on your Settings/Realism dialogue as seen in the attached picture: Display Flying Tips (or not).

If you are really missing all the red warning/info messages, try replacing your language.dll file from the FS9 CD.Hope this helps,

If you are really missing all the red warning/info messages, try replacing your language.dll file from the FS9 CD.Hope this helps,
Sure if with SHIFT+Z he has the problem, try to reinstall the language.dll but also try to replace the FS9 program files (only) with the files of a new installation (on another pc or virtual machine).

The display you are missing is not related to Shifted Z. It is a setting on your Settings/Realism dialogue as seen in the attached picture: Display Flying Tips (or not).
Flying tips has nothing to do with red messages, as he describes it. Don't think I've ever had flying tips on, but I still see brake messages and the Shift Z info (FPS among other things). Right?:(

Mike...

You most definitely don't need to restore FS9.David!(Opa) Could this be case of assignments reset default?Justin! Don't waste time reinstalling. If my suggestion is wrong there is definitely any easy solution.OPA probably has the answer.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Apparently I misunderstod the original poster's question and responded too hastily. For that I apologize. I was under the impression that the OP was missing the "nag" to turn off brakes etc. which appears via the "flying tips" option. But a re-read of his post suggests it is the Red text messages which have dissappeared.As has been already suggested, restoring the original language.dll should correct the problem as virtually all "messages" are stored in that file. It is on Disk 1 - in the GAME folder - (it is not in a cab).I use a modified language.dll which abbreviates several of the messages - including brakes - (available here in the library) so I never see that "press . to release brakes" or whatever it says.Just a note: If you wish to remove the brake message entirely - but do not wish to use an edited language.dll file, you can just add the following line to your FS9.cfg file - under the [sIM] label:SHOW_BRAKE_MESSAGE=0The 0 (zero) means "no" - a 1 (one) would mean "yes".This all may be moot as the OP apparently has not returned to partake of the combined wisdom here.In any case I hope this info may be helpful.