Sign in to follow this  
Andrey

Welcome fsairport.net

airport name bug:http://fsairport.net/finder/1/2NJ3%20Weidel/Pvt/The airport's actual name includes a slash that messes with the URL.

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

airport name bug:http://fsairport.net/finder/1/2NJ3%20Weidel/Pvt/The airport's actual name includes a slash that messes with the URL.
It's here http://fsairport.net/2NJ3 if you'll check default FSX list the name of the airport contain slashes too, why - I have no idea... this is the reason of incorrect work of finder, will try to find out, thanks for catch.Andrey

soh-banner.png

new question: what about airports not included in the default FSX database? For example I have two heliports that I modeled for the NY area. One in particular is pretty well fleshed out, H43 Haverstraw, and is a public heliport. Any way to add those in the future?
Yes, it's possible, to add airport I need to know:Airport IDAirport NameAirport Class: (B, C or D)CityStateCountryAltitude in meters.Runways list: (length/width in meters. and it's Surface (HARD, SOFT, WATER, SNOW)Coordinates in format: 40.340384357, -74.854331017

soh-banner.png

Cool. BTW I posted about this over on the FTX forums but they took it down for some reason. They're a bit touchy over there and I think maybe they thought it was a developer site or something? I PM'd a moderator so hopefully I'll find out. Would be nice if some of the ORBX people started adding some stuff. I mean, I see some FTX airports there already...

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

rats I was hoping to finish up adding my airports tonight but looks like I broke something. I submitted a report for the project where I first started noticing the image upload error, and then when I went to create a new project after that I would get this error when I tried to preview after selecting an image to attach to the project

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Cool. BTW I posted about this over on the FTX forums but they took it down for some reason.
I think same reason avsim do not want to post news about sites. However I'm not sure. Need to explain, this moment project is totally noncommercial, we even have no advertisement on site pages, at all. Service done by FS fans for FS fans, just to make life easy. When I go to FSX and choose random airport or land somewhere on random airport I want to know two things: -1 How it looks like in reality. -2 Is some ways to improve FS default (in other words did someone do this airport for FS or not)To answer both this questions http://FSAirport.net is done for. Pretty same about http://FSAircraft.netOf course the idea is quite perspective, in future it will be file library, on-line store, reviews, news and awards host. But it's very long time and much work perspective.Orbx projects are here: http://fsairport.net/developers/Orbx I see no problem if you or anyone else add all Orbx projects left, collect interesting videos, screens and reviews about them. Thank you for your interest!Andrey

soh-banner.png

rats I was hoping to finish up adding my airports tonight but looks like I broke something. I submitted a report for the project where I first started noticing the image upload error, and then when I went to create a new project after that I would get this error when I tried to preview after selecting an image to attach to the project
Sorry do not got the problem... My English isn't great :( On picture I see that you must select image which will be project "face" on your PC or anywhere on web, then press "upload" to make sure image is okay in it's parameters. Btw I fix the date you ask.Andrey

soh-banner.png

The interesting project. But unfortunately not the new.
Even facebook wasn't new idea ;) As I told you on FSDev the concepts are different a bit. Our site include info about all FSX airports and possibility to add info about project related. You are going from the other side, marking on map FS airports add-ons. Anyway both concepts have chance to live. Besides your site is just Russian this moment, right ? Anyway if you want we discuss your project - create separate thread ;)Andrey

soh-banner.png

Even facebook wasn't new idea ;) As I told you on FSDev the concepts are different a bit. Our site include info about all FSX airports and possibility to add info about project related. You are going from the other side, marking on map FS airports add-ons. Anyway both concepts have chance to live. Besides your site is just Russian this moment, right ? Anyway if you want we discuss your project - create separate thread ;)Andrey
I didn't communicate with you on FSDev. The Planet has been conceived for addition of scenes by users. In a Planet it is possible to add all airports of the world. post-9022-0-29720700-1299595748_thumb.jpgNext week 5 languages will be added. Differences of your project from the Planet hasn't found. :(Can unite efforts? Mike.

I didn't communicate with you on FSDev. The planet has been conceived for addition of scenes by users. In a planet it is possible to add all airports of the world. Next week 5 languages will be added. Differences of your project from the Planet hasn't found. :(Can unite efforts? Mike.
Sorry, Mike, recognize you wrong ;) Someone "Gary" post same link in my topic on FSDev, I decide he is you.As for union, this moment I prefer to grow project as independent. However if you feel we could be useful for each other connect me via e-mail or PM.

soh-banner.png

Sorry, Mike, recognize you wrong ;) Someone "Gary" post same link in my topic on FSDev, I decide he is you.As for union, this moment I prefer to grow project as independent. However if you feel we could be useful for each other connect me via e-mail or PM.
Has answered e-mail