Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

I Need RealAir Duke Turbo Help!

A few short flights really sold me on this aircraft :( so I'm not here to complain. My problem: Each time I have tried a long flight the port engine fails.....no warning light/s, All gauges in the middle of the green, oil temp good with cooler doors open to first notch.In good weather most of the time with no icing conditions but I turned on the fuel vent heaters hoping that would solve it but no joy.One minute we are cruising along at FL180 and torque drops to 0 on port engine. this probably shows my ignorance but even with 0 torque the RPM does not drop on the engine. I pull it back to idle, shut off the fuel and still have trouble feathering it.At this point I don't have a clue and don't know where to look for more information. At the moment I am re-reading the flight manual but hope someone with a similar experience will make it easier for me. Thanks in advanceNeal H.Truth be told: I'm probably too old for these newfangled airplanes.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Maybe your realism setting is too high. Try setting the "Random Engine Failure" to "never".

It's a free turbine, you will continue to have rpm as long as the prop is windmilling. It's a PT-6, so you don't need to feather the prop, it will feather itself due to lack of oil pressure. Are you sure you didn't over temp it?

I have had the same issue with the right engine. That random failure doesn't seem so random. It happens every medium to long flight.

My problem: Each time I have tried a long flight the port engine fails.....no warning light/s, All gauges in the middle of the green, oil temp good with cooler doors open to first notch.
Open up the Duke Configurator, and set Random engine failures to "Never"

Bert

I guess that random engine failures would be realistic, but surely the chances of something like this happening in the real world are extremely low (assuming that the engines have been adequately maintained)? Personally, I don't want to have to worry about stuff like that in FSX, but I can understand why some people like it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

No-one has to worry about failures at all. There is an OPTION that is very clearly explained in the Flying Guide, plus a very detailed chapter on failure mode. You do not have to use failure mode. Just open the Duke's configuration and choose "NEVER" for failures.There is a confusion here between two failure modes. One is RANDOM failures. The other is failures due to overstressing the engine. BOTH these can be switched off, and again, this is explained in a crystal clear manner in the very first part of the flying guide, and in the failure mode section.Let me re-emphasise. You do not HAVE to have any failure at all. You can choose the option to be able to firewall the throttles all day and all night and the Duke will not fail.Please folks. Read the Flying Guide. And run the configuration panel. It's there to help you!!Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page