Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

CARENADO BARON RELEASED

Carenedo has released their B58 Baronwww.carenado.comEric

Thanks for the HU. Awaiting some reviews maybe concerning FDE and "uniqueness", if you know what I mean. The magic "Real behavior compared to the real airplane" is present in the Baron's description too but we don't buy descriptions, do we? Ah, negative bias of mine, sorry for that. The happiness when reading about a policy change which actually took place will be unlimited though and I'm sure that this one is an enjoyable FSX addon. :smile:The modelling looks very nice.

Does it work under windows XP? According to the technical requirements (Carenado website) we need windows Vista or 7.Thanks and best regards

Real Deraps

Geoffa,The BARON'S OUT! What do you think? Hopefully you'll read this, buy the plane, and tell us how REAL it feels.Stan

Does it work under windows XP? According to the technical requirements (Carenado website) we need windows Vista or 7.Thanks and best regards
The Carenado site states:Technical Requirements:Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)...looks like all 3 OS platforms to me...

I have high hopes for this airplane. I'll get my copy tonight. Applause.gif

Geoffa,The BARON'S OUT! What do you think? Hopefully you'll read this, buy the plane, and tell us how REAL it feels.Stan
Speaking of Geof - where the heck has he been? Haven't seem him post in months!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Speaking of Geof - where the heck has he been? Haven't seem him post in months!
I think he's been traveling for work a lot. I keep up with him on Facebook, and he's been posting a lot of shots from his touring (he's a musician). If you're a Facebooker, you can find his profile here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1110409580

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

The Carenado site states:Technical Requirements:Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)...looks like all 3 OS platforms to me...
Where did you read that Rick (could you provide the link please)?I could only find this from the product page at http://www.carenado....duct&correl=57?Technical Requirements:Windows Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed.Pentium V/2GHz or similar – 2GB RAM – 512MB graphics card.260MB available hard disk space. EDIT: IGNORE THE ABOVE. I just went back to the website, exited out of the product page and went back into the Baron product page and it now says:Technical Requirements:Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed.Pentium V/2GHz or similar – 2GB RAM – 512MB graphics card.260MB available hard disk space. So it looks like Carenado maybe edited the webpage and updated the Technical requirements to include Windows XP with SP3.

www.antsairplanes.com

I've also asked the question to Carenado and they've answered me that they will correct the page. Windows XP with SP3 has been added later for your information. It wasn't there at first.Here is the answer from Carenado."It works with Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed.We already updated the product’s page."Carenado

Real Deraps

I will be getting it. I am surprised though that they chose the late model 58 to do. A considerable improvement over the default Baron in FSX no doubt but why not go where no developer has gone before and model the early version with the throw over yoke? Or better yet use the existing fuselage 3d modeling they have in house for the Bonanza and do the model 55? I personally know several pilots and simmers that have been waiting a decade or more for someone to recreate the model 55 for the sim!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I will be getting it. I am surprised though that they chose the late model 58 to do. A considerable improvement over the default Baron in FSX no doubt but why not go where no developer has gone before and model the early version with the throw over yoke? Or better yet use the existing fuselage 3d modeling they have in house for the Bonanza and do the model 55? I personally know several pilots and simmers that have been waiting a decade or more for someone to recreate the model 55 for the sim!
Yup, add me to the 55 list!

Jay

It looks very nice but I will fly my Dukes till the and of time. Btw. what´s the difference between the 58 and the 55 model?

Guest bstolle
Btw. what´s the difference between the 58 and the 55 model?
google is your friend...0.1 sec search Wikipedia: Die Baron 55 (kurzer Rumpf) und die Baron 58 (langer Rumpf). Derzeit wird ausschließlich die Baron 58 gebaut.