Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

CARENADO BARON RELEASED

Anyone with a small review about the feel and behaviour of the thing?The sentence about the great looks on Carenado planes is commonly used and true, the one with a praise for the FDE hopefully will achieve the same status. Right now, I think it was never used on an initial release I think. :unsure:Was the Baron treated in the new way they spoke of, where some guy really looked into the FDE like all those fine freeware authors did before?I mean, coming from the Duke (regardless of the version), a C310 or the old but gold Cheyenne and then switching over to the big C is quite a change, if you know what I mean.

It looks very nice but I will fly my Dukes till the and of time. Btw. what´s the difference between the 58 and the 55 model?
The model 55 utilizes the same basic fuselage as the Bonanza model 33 and 35, the 35 being the familiar V-tailed Bonanza. The model 58 was developed in the 1960's along with the model 36 Bonanza. They both had a lengthened fuselage for more seating room, the wing location was moved for better center of gravity envelope and rear doors were added for rear seat entry. You can easily spot these lengthened models by the change in the window arrangement when viewed from the side. The earliest model 33 and 35 had only two windows on the side, the later 33/35 had a little third triangle window, the later 33/35 and model 55 had three side windows and the model 36/58 have four side windows.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I mean, coming from the Duke (regardless of the version), a C310 or the old but gold Cheyenne and then switching over to the big C is quite a change, if you know what I mean.
Don't say "old," the Cheyenne might be offended :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest bstolle
Was the Baron treated in the new way they spoke of, where some guy really looked into the FDE like all those fine freeware authors did before?I mean, coming from the Duke (regardless of the version), a C310 or the old but gold Cheyenne and then switching over to the big C is quite a change, if you know what I mean.
The time for beta testing was very limited so I couldn't do any cruise performance calibration flights, but; Handling is well harmonized.Stall still occurs at a way too low AoA which means if you flare too much she will drop stalled onto the runway.Same if you pull her off the runway too aggressive on take off.If you don't do anything stupid it's actually a very nice plane.Even engine out handling is quite ok!RegardsBernt

google is your friend...0.1 sec search Wikipedia: Die Baron 55 (kurzer Rumpf) und die Baron 58 (langer Rumpf). Derzeit wird ausschließlich die Baron 58 gebaut.
Well, I didn´t have time to search (flying with the turbine duke) but thank you for the help. The 55 model is a bit shorter as the "standard" 58. Nice to know.Btw., does someone know whether a Beech Queen Air or a King Air is planned by any payware developer?

Here's the promo on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a5vAj9G7sM&feature=player_embeddedI have one question regarding this video: in what program I can make the taxiway markings so realistic?

I have one question regarding this video: in what program I can make the taxiway markings so realistic?
That's a payware airport with custom scenery/textures. I didn't watch the entire video but it looks like Orbx' Orcas Island.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Someday people will stop adding dumb music to great videos
I hope so. I would much rather hear ambient airport sounds and the engine(s) of which ever aircraft is featured in the video. Cheers,Bill in Colorado

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Someday people will stop adding dumb music to great videos
AGREED!