Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

What's correct to do?

I built my computer in 2008 to run FSX. Since then I have added many add on's such as GEX, REX,and UTX. It works great. I am a happy simmer. My question is this. I have a friend that does not have the resourses to to build or buy a new system so he is flying with a system I gave him back in 2008. He is coming to see me in Fl. from Mn. to play some golf and escape the cold and snow in a week. If he would like to buy my current system with all the upgrades I have added to FSX, would I still be able to go to where I purchased my downloads of GEX, REX and UTX without having to pay again, or should I sell my system and build my new system to run FSX or perhaps MS Flight, and purchase everything all over again?I hope my thread makes sense. Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

I built my computer in 2008 to run FSX. Since then I have added many add on's such as GEX, REX,and UTX. It works great. I am a happy simmer. My question is this. I have a friend that does not have the resourses to to build or buy a new system so he is flying with a system I gave him back in 2008. He is coming to see me in Fl. from Mn. to play some golf and escape the cold and snow in a week. If he would like to buy my current system with all the upgrades I have added to FSX, would I still be able to go to where I purchased my downloads of GEX, REX and UTX without having to pay again, or should I sell my system and build my new system to run FSX or perhaps MS Flight, and purchase everything all over again?I hope my thread makes sense. Bob G.
Im not too sure but I would assume that that is not legal!! Maybe if you were to sell the sytem with add-ons, then repurchase add-ons for your new system maybe that would be alright, but even in that case im not sure if its legal or not. Its pretty much the same as buying an add-on, making copies of said add-on and selling them.Maybe someone more in the know can chime in though.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I think you should give him a "clean" system. That's what I did for my friend when I sold him my system a month ago. Not only is it breaking EULA, but it may not be possible to install some of the new software on a different system. You may even have to contact some of the vendors of the software to install to the new system, anyway.On top of that, maybe you have a lot of personal information on the system?I would suggest a reformat and fresh FSX install with all of the service packs. Let him do the add ons.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I think you should give him a "clean" system. That's what I did for my friend when I sold him my system a month ago. Not only is it breaking EULA, but it may not be possible to install some of the new software on a different system. You may even have to contact some of the vendors of the software to install to the new system, anyway.On top of that, maybe you have a lot of personal information on the system?I would suggest a reformat and fresh FSX install with all of the service packs. Let him do the add ons.
But that would negate all the fine tuning I have done to make FSX run smooth on my current machine that he may want to purchase. He doesn't have the know how to set up the config files etc. to get the most out of each add on that I currently have. I can always start over and fine tune my new system to my specs. He doesn't have the know how to do that. Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

But that would negate all the fine tuning I have done to make FSX run smooth on my current machine that he may want to purchase. He doesn't have the know how to set up the config files etc. to get the most out of each add on that I currently have. I can always start over and fine tune my new system to my specs. He doesn't have the know how to do that. Bob G.
Well then you answered your own OP question. I wouldn't give my hundreds of dollars worth of add ons to my friend with the computer, and FSX tweaking takes all of 20 minutes! :( I was just suggesting a clean install of Windows with service packs and tweaks without all of your add ons. That was your question, wasn't it? You can redo the tweaks for heaven's sake! :(

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

You have agreed to the UELA agreement in each of those addon's You would have to check if you can sell them but you cannot run more then one copy of those addon's. Like what has been said. Sell him the hardware with a clean copy of Windows, and it is up to him to purchase FSX and additional addon's

Matthew Kane