Sign in to follow this  

I purchased 2 Yate Loon 140mm Blue LED fans, 1 Feser Triebwerk TK-121 fan, and a Scythe fan controller.I got tired of hearing the Corsair fan on this H50, so the Triebwerk will replace it. The stock Cooler Master fans at the top will be replaced with the Yate Loons (YL). I've heard good things everywhere else about the YLs but I'm curious: anyone here like them, use them?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well darn. I was hoping someone could give insight as to what to expect! The shipment gets here Friday, I'll update to the effectiveness/quietness of the new fans when I do a little testing. :Nerd:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well I had to go to Ace Hardware nearby and purchase four 6-32 2.5'' long screws for the mount. I mounted the H50 to the rear exhaust as an intake. The Feser Triebwerk is much quieter and cools on average 4 degrees C better then the Corsair stock fan under Prime95 load. The only sound heard is that of the air hitting the metal grill of the case. I have to say the performance is much better than I anticipated! I was just going for quieter, but this thing works as advertised. :Big Grin: The Yate Loons are exactly what I expected. Quiet and they move a nice amount of air. Not a single regret.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Glad it worked out for you. I've been extremely happy with my h50... they're great at what they do! But soon I'll be building a custom loop Big%20Grin.gif

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Glad it worked out for you. I've been extremely happy with my h50... they're great at what they do! But soon I'll be building a custom loop Big%20Grin.gif
Agreed! But holy smokes, you're tempting me into making a custom loop as well. After seeing what this tiny radiator and pump are capable of, it's been an "inspiration" for me to build a loop.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Enjoy the h50 in all its cheapness and compactness for now. If you decide to upgrade later on a budget, look no further than the Rasa kits.While you can build an awesome custom loop under $200 quite easily, I decided to really do this one the way I wanted it and as a result it's looking like it's going to be about $300 all said and done (including fans). I bought the pump already, but I'll have to wait for some other small jobs to pay for the other parts. I may not get it built until this summer as I'm also upgrading my case first. I thought the lower heat output of the sandy bridge processors would make it less tempting to go custom water, but instead I had to realize just how easy it should be to build a near silent loop with great cooling performance.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Well when it's all set and done, I'm going to build a loop. Mainly because I'm tired of noise. As of today the loudest part of my PC is the H50 pump, so I'm pretty satisfied for now. But as it's a fun project that gives me something to throw my extra cash around (summer means CFI and more student pilots!), I'll probably start ordering parts and building this summer as well. Give a big heads up when/if you start, maybe I can shadow your work or vice versa.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules