Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

First impressions

She is certainly beautiful and the sounds are awesome.As for the cockpit panel - the usual little niggly issues..hopefully they can be fixed.- Autopilot ARM function inop- Turn indicator flag stays onthat is after 5 mins in the air.. more later.

Bert

VS mode doesn't quite work as advertised, and there's a bit of yaw instability on approach.I didn't have the turn flag stay up...the HSI worked fine for me.That said, the model is gorgeous and the sounds are wonderful. Frame rates seem very good, as well.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

- Turn indicator flag stays on
I noticed this on the screenshots on the Carenado website. The turn indicator on my Carenado Saratoga (the only other Carenado plane I own) has the same issue.This quote from the Falcon Gauge Turn Coordinator manual explains how it should operate:"When the aircraft power is activated to the instrument, observe the functionalindicator on the right-hand side of the instrument face. It must turn from red toblack to indicate the instrument is operating normally. If the functionalindicator remains red or becomes red in flight, the instrument should not berelied upon for flight information."

www.antsairplanes.com

I didn't have the turn flag stay up...the HSI worked fine for me.
It is not actually the HSI... but the Turn Coordinator that has the power flag showing.

Bert

She is certainly beautiful and the sounds are awesome.As for the cockpit panel - the usual little niggly issues..hopefully they can be fixed.- Autopilot ARM function inop- Turn indicator flag stays onthat is after 5 mins in the air.. more later.
Yes, I agree. Also, Altitude select knob and yaw damper on the autopilot don't work. Additionally, the click spots are very uncomfortably small in general.BB

After flying it for a while, I would say that not only does the airplane look gorgeous,it flies quite nicely too. I have not found any nasty sides to her yet..Back to avionics:- The autopilot definitely needs work or replacement. It is a stripped down version of the KFC225 to the point where it lacks basic altitude preselect capabilities. It also has the old issue of resetting the Heading bug when the HDG function is selected. It is programmed in XML, so I can see an assignment coming up..- The attitude indicator shows a steady gap between the FD bars and the little airplane triangle. These should close when in level flight.. I checked the C340 which has the same gauge and there it was OK..If you like the Carenado change to 3d gauges which we first saw in the C340, you will like the Baron also.In some ways, visually, I still like the Bonanza with RealityXP Flightline gauges better.Lastly, little tricks from the Bonanza can be used here also, like setting the the no 3d knobs option.

Bert

Personally, I like the 3D knobs, so I'm stuck with the KFC225 AP. I did apply your HDG knob trick from the Bonanza, and the ALT ARM trick, as well. The problem I'm finding right now is that the VS mode doesn't work at all unless you first select ALT HOLD.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Personally, I like the 3D knobs, so I'm stuck with the KFC225 AP. I did apply your HDG knob trick from the Bonanza, and the ALT ARM trick, as well. The problem I'm finding right now is that the VS mode doesn't work at all unless you first select ALT HOLD.
You are right - the code is broken...You may notice that the Yaw Damper button does not work either.Carenado is aware.

Bert

Thanks, Bert. I did notice that, and I stand corrected on the turn indicator flag. While we're talking about yaw, am I the only one who noticed the yaw instability? I've seen it twice now on coupled approaches. It smooths out on short final when I turn off prop sync and go to fine pitch.Also, the AP doesn't seem to capture the glideslope properly.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Am I just picky, or is there a way to click the heading indicator and course needle, without pulling the mouse across the screen............just clicking the mouse right or left by degrees..............and the various levers, they barely move up or down, so hard to see if they on or off.....................otherwise it is a dream machine for sure................super job!!!

What is that?:
I had one of those as well. Night flight with the other 2 pilot (VH-) plane. Ending the flight and reloading and it was OK.Just so you know you're not the only one.

Am I just picky, or is there a way to click the heading indicator and course needle, without pulling the mouse across the screen...........
Try using the mouse wheel instead!

Bert

As for the cockpit panel - the usual little niggly issues..hopefully they can be fixed.- Autopilot ARM function inop- Turn indicator flag stays on
OK, luckily both of these are fixable (even by users..).Lets see what Carenado releases in a patch, but the autopilotis totally XML coded and I've got a version fixed for personal use,and the Turn Indicator flag can be removed in the Gauges_4.bmp bitmap. If you would like an autopilot version to test, send me a PM with youremail address.

Bert