Sign in to follow this  
sonaljay7

What is the average FPS I should be getting?

Would you have any good guides that you know of?
http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?threadid=5736Read all of the 138 pages on that forum, get the proc up to 4.2 on air (4.0 is not bad)(get an aftermarket cooler if you don't already have one: Noctua NH D-14 is good), keep it under 75C on full load-tests, 24 hrs on Prime95 and you'll be good to go.Download Prime95, LinX 0.6.4, IntelBurnTest v2.4, CPUZ64 and CoreTemp 0.99.8 for testing and monitoring.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I can't agree more with all of this O/C talk. I was a bit wary at first, but bought a cheap sealed water coolling CPU cooler, and used the built-in ASUS O/C tweker utility which keeps going higher and higher until it finds a stable O/C, then I tweaked a bit more and ran the aforementioned testing suites to make sure; I O/Ced my GTX580 using MSI Afterburner, then I used *******' awesome FSX.cfg tweaking util on his website, and I now get a steady 60fps everywhere except bulit-up areas and ORBX airports where I get between 18-45fps depending on my slider settings etc.O/C. You won't regret it. Having said all of that I've just had my new 2600K delivered, which should get me running like those videos of *******' on Youtube =)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg