Sign in to follow this  
ilarikousa

Special request for v5

Hi,As you are well aware, some airports use certain nonstandard taxiway designators (reference for example the LEPA ground chart). The most common ones are Link, North, East, South, West. Could you include at least those in the scripts, as many afcads have Link taxiways coded as LINK so we could hear it the usual way and not Lima, India, November, Kilo or the like? Subs?

Hi,As you are well aware, some airports use certain nonstandard taxiway designators (reference for example the LEPA ground chart). The most common ones are Link, North, East, South, West. Could you include at least those in the scripts, as many afcads have Link taxiways coded as LINK so we could hear it the usual way and not Lima, India, November, Kilo or the like? Subs?
Hi,The taxiway paths have already been coded and tested so I'm not sure if we're able to make changes to it now. Having said that, it's something we'll keep at the back of our minds and if later during development jd thinks it can be easily accomplished without breaking something else, then it can be put in.It's not a bad idea though :)Subs

LEPA (Aerosoft Bellearic Islands FS9) also has INNER and OUTER. Those may be generic enough to be included at some point.

Brussels has them too: "Beeline six four bravo, taxi via outer six, bravo one, holding point two five right" :(

Brussels has them too: "Beeline six four bravo, taxi via outer six, bravo one, holding point two five right" :(
EIDW also.If you are compiling a list, here are a few more candidates: LINE (EDDH) CENTER (e.g. EDDM where C2 and CENTER2 are different twys) EXIT (LOWW) Various colours (EDDF, LKPR have orange, blue)Phil

EIDW also.If you are compiling a list, here are a few more candidates: LINE (EDDH) CENTER (e.g. EDDM where C2 and CENTER2 are different twys) EXIT (LOWW) Various colours (EDDF, LKPR have orange, blue)Phil
I don't think there will be any point in keeping a list going as RC will be picking these up from the afcad bgl files when you do a database rebuild. Unfortunatly, if the afcad bgl names a taxiway "O2" for "Outer 2", that's not something RC would be able to distinguish as "Oscar 2" is also a valid taxiway name. It will all depend on how the afcads are built, and what sort of information can be extracted from them.Subs

Hi Subs:Get rid of the snakes in the basement yet? (He's in northern Australia, folks :) )I checked for some of the names in the makerwys log runways.txt and AFCADs. The previous mentioned full labels are in there as a single word. I did not see CENTER 2 but I did not check all.I did see the single name labels though. If makerwys can pick up "CENTER 2", though, and jd can handle phrases as strings for taxiway IDs, then maybe if the generic labels are added they can be parsed and spoken.Of course we can not add too many individual airport specific taxiway ident protocols but if some of the few generic words are common they can be added.

I checked for some of the names in the makerwys log runways.txt and AFCADs. The previous mentioned full labels are in there as a single word. I did not see CENTER 2 but I did not check all.
I don't see any INNER, OUTER or CENTER names. The BGL format allows taxiway names up to 7 characters (8 including the zero terminator), and the ones MakeRunways sees and which link to anything, rather than being a dead end, are included in the "t5.csv" file produced for RCV5. The "LINK", "NORTH", "EAST", "WEST" and "SOUTH" names are there -- e.g. for LEPA.Mind you, I've only looked at the default FSX scenery, so I suppose that's not surprising.I think we are completely dependent on how faithful the scenery designers are to the real world labelling.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Subs:Get rid of the snakes in the basement yet? (He's in northern Australia, folks :) )I checked for some of the names in the makerwys log runways.txt and AFCADs. The previous mentioned full labels are in there as a single word. I did not see CENTER 2 but I did not check all.I did see the single name labels though. If makerwys can pick up "CENTER 2", though, and jd can handle phrases as strings for taxiway IDs, then maybe if the generic labels are added they can be parsed and spoken.Of course we can not add too many individual airport specific taxiway ident protocols but if some of the few generic words are common they can be added.
After what you and PeteD found, it sounds like it could be done at some point. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it and if there is time.Lol funny you mentioned the snakes - just this morning I found a Eastern Brown under the kitchen table when sitting down for breakfast. Got him out of the house without getting bitten so...all worked out well :)Subs