Sign in to follow this  
JayDub

My Partial Solution to Large Landing Lights

See original post by Johnny19 "Huge AI traffic landing lights" and his screenshots.....Starting as new thread because many people seemed interested in this problem....... Hope it helps.....My partial solution the problem of large AI aircraft landing lights during the day.... Go to your main Texture folder and either rename halo.bmp to Halo.bmp -BAK or remove it to a temporary folder for day operations. Make sure you backup your original file. By doing this you will remove the unsightly landing lights on all aircraft during the day. Keep in mind you will want to put it back in place for dusk or night operations as you will also lose runway approach lights and any other night lighting dependent on the halo.bmp, these are not missed during daylight hours.This works very well for me as most of my flying is during daylight hours……… When I return the halo.bmp file to the texture folder for flying at night all the aircraft landing lights looks as you would normally expect them to look…… Only takes a few seconds to do this prior to flying....JayDub

I have to ask the obvious, why dont you just turn them off when you dont want to see them, instead of going through all this?

Jay

We are talking about the AI aircraft landing lights not the aircraft you are flying, which can be controlled from the aircraft panel or the "L" key on the keyboard...... see original post by Johnny19 re "Huge AI Landing Lights" and his screenshots..... I don't know of any other way to turn off or control landing lights on the AI aircraft. My simple solution for my simple mind, works for me....... Possibly someone can come up with a better idea....JayDub