Sign in to follow this  
mrbutt

Boeing 747-400 FDE

Hello,I have some questions about the FDE for the 747. I'm flying the 747 since it's first release for fs9 and now in FSX.It's said that the 747 is certified by Boeing, so I think that the FDE is as realistic as can be.I have some questions about the behaviour of the 747 in FSX and in how far this matches the real 747.- On ground i recognized that the 747 needs a lot of continuous trust, depending on the weight, to keep rolling. Even if the Aircraft has landed and is nearly empty it needs continuous thrust, otherwiese it will stopp. I know that in real world aswell as from other planes in fsx (ex. wilco) aircrafts will roll without continuous thrust- During Cruise, the plane's N1 is always above 90%, often 93%. So the engines always roar like on takeoff. In how far is this realistic?- I also recognized that in cruise the plane is never stable. It always moves a little bit up and down or right and left, without beeing influenced by weather. For example the wilco a340-600 does not. What's the reason for this?Since I dont know about the relation between different values in the FDE, meaning how does cruise performance change when we change the taxi behaviour, i dont know if it is possible or necessary to fix some items in a further update/version.Please, this is no criticism ! I love the grade of realism of the PMDG Products !Raplies are appreciated.Chris

Hey Chris1.In FS9 you can download a dll that fixes the friction, not sure if it works for FSX2.Yes high N1 is normal at CRZ3.Hundreds of posts on the matter, a reg version of FSUIPC seems to help the issue in FSX but do a search for more info.

Rob Prest

- During Cruise, the plane's N1 is always above 90%, often 93%. So the engines always roar like on takeoff. In how far is this realistic?
I'm just looking at a real aircraft ACARS 747-400ER report (Cruise at 35,000' at Mach 0.842, current gross weight 313,326, TAT about -10C)N1 around 95.2%, N2 around 99.0%, EGT about 705CMost of the sound should be coming from air noise, not engine noise.RegardsQ>