Sign in to follow this  
B747400F

What scenery is that?

Yeah, Vin has a fascination with this airport in Algeria (DAAT) that he's always used as a test location for pulling up planes in development quickly (it has hardly any scenery in default FSX and loads very fast) - he used SbuilderX to make photoscenery for it over this past weekend.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yeah, Vin has a fascination with this airport in Algeria
I can do it right now, take the PMDG 747, MD11 or JS41 in the sahara desert, and have a nice selection of picturesThis plane is Alpha-Alpha, or we can expect to see something more interesting "soon" like :- Terrain radar- Video of a full HUD approach- VC Cockpit lighting- Systems behaviours- etc...Benjamin

Is that photoreal scenery of Algeria?? Wow it looks nice
Ahaha, I knew this question was coming when I watched the new picture! :(

Ryan, will there be finaly a longer video with ngx flying, sounds, wingflex ..etc??
This plane is Alpha-Alpha, or we can expect to see something more interesting "soon" like :- Terrain radar- Video of a full HUD approach- VC Cockpit lighting- Systems behaviours- etc...
The information we have now is that the plane is in late Alpha stage, and PMDG doesn't release pictures or videos by request. Well, actually, if I'm not wrong, they kinda do, but only if you ask for pictures of areas that were already concluded or that can be freely displayed if you want to see other details, like the exterior model. A small correction:It's not "terrain radar". A more appropriate name is Terrain Display, because civilian aircrafts don't have radars to detect terrain's profile. They have a worldwide map of terrain altitude memorized. When you activate the system, the computers select a specific area of the terrain map to display according to the coordinates the GPS tell the plane is at.

Matheus Mafra

The information we have now is that the plane is in late Alpha stage
The lack of information show the opposite.
Well, actually, if I'm not wrong, they kinda do, but only if you ask for pictures of areas that were already concluded.
What the point to ask information that we already have.
A small correction:It's not "terrain radar". The right name is Terrain Display, because civilian aircrafts don't have radars to detect terrain's profile. They have a worldwide map of terrain altitude memorized. When you activate the system, the computers select a specific area of the terrain map to display according to the coordinates the GPS tell the plane is at.
And ?

The lack of information show the opposite.
They will do an announcement when the plane enters beta.
What the point to ask information that we already have.
Agree. But maybe if you want to see another detail you lost...
And ?
And... Oh yeah! I made a mistake too! Ryan corrected me below. That's all :(

Matheus Mafra

It's not "terrain radar". The right name is Terrain Display, because civilian aircrafts don't have radars to detect terrain's profile. They have a worldwide map of terrain altitude memorized. When you activate the system, the computers select a specific area of the terrain map to display according to the coordinates the GPS tell the plane is at.
Not technically right either - it's just called "EGPWS" - Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System. GPWS are the aural callouts, EGPWS is the terrain display on the ND.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the info Ryan, interesting. I thought maybe I had missed a release of some new airport and terrain scenery-David Epstein

As a point of interest: What is the difference, if any, between "Late Alpha" and "Alpha-Alpha"? Or, are these terms just being made up on the fly.

Late alpha means a little closer to Beta. And Beta could be a month to 2 months minimum. So it's still a ways off. Going to be a fun summer though

Guest Chogau

On that picture the scenery really stands out.... the ngx looks kind of like a mosquito thoughPMDG is doing a great job on promoting scenery, specially the ORBX ones.I dont understand anything anymore!!!!Daniel Groisman