Sign in to follow this  
christiaan

Wilco corrupts xml file

Got a new PC , installed in FSX Wilco PIC Airbus,then PMDG, now no textures in texture files in PMDG 747.Just read the forum and PMDG site. I know what the cause is, but before I send a copy of the dll.xml file to PMDG for correction I have a couple of questions.Does the corrupted file affect other products than aircraft sceneries, is it unique to PMDG or other pay or free-ware ( like AI, WOAI etc.)When FSX comes up it asks if I want to install the 3 files mentioned on PMDG, I have said no as I do not have any add=on textures to fly anyway. Does this message come up with a none-corrupted XLM file.Will the new file allow Wilco and PMDG ( and newer still to install aircraft's ) to work.Before the repaired file is installed do I have to uninstall PMDG 747 as I have texture files without textures, There are approx 13 files remaining in the texture map, then re-install after the change. Or will the Wilco do the same damage again.Shall I count my losses, for what I paid for their products, and not install their products in FSXI have had to contact Wilco in the past due to several problems in FS9, their customer service is ZERO. That's if you manage to get contact, I tried e-mails, answering machine & fax. Sorry about the long message.

It affects any addon that uses the dll.xml file to load a dll the addon requires - examples of this are our MD-11 or 747, the LDS 767, the Wilco/FeelThere products themselves, FSDT airports, some of the ORBX airports etc. So yes, it can affect scenery.The thing that's strange here though is that you say you do get 3 popups after you install the 747 - that won't happen if the dll.xml is messed up...Just send me the dll.xml in a ticket and I'll make sure it's ok.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan for your quick reply. I have the file but I do not know how to send it. Do I need to open it, copy and paste or what.Apart from the aircraft I have several ,mainly Aerosoft, sceneries installed. On FSX, apart from the request for the three files I get one about ViMa core. On loading one of the sceneries I was asked is I wanted to install this. I said no as I am not an expert.All the PIC aircraft show up but only the base (with textures) of the PMDG.Once again thank.Christiaan

Sent today a support ticket with XML file to Ryan.In the meantime I have installed more scenery, is this good or should I have waited until I got a reply back.Or does FSX rebuild the file every time FSX is launched.I opened the file and saw a mention of SDK, I asked for a full FSX install so I presume this came with it.I have not installed the SDK update.Maybe this the cause of my problem and if so can I install the update with all my new installed( aircraft & airport ) sceneries.

Got an extremely fast response from Ryan at PMDG.My XLM was fine, it just need a small alteration which helped.I would like to give a very big thank you to Ryan for taking the time & trouble to help me.

Hi,So, if I want my PMDG products (with a Wilco) to work well I should first install the wilco and then install a PMDG? (Does a PMDG product installation repairs the dll.xml file? )Or should I backup the dll.xml file before installing a wilco and then copy/paste back my dll.xml backup in FSX? Thanks, Julien SalvatMontreal

Hi,So, if I want my PMDG products (with a Wilco) to work well I should first install the wilco and then install a PMDG? (Does a PMDG product installation repairs the dll.xml file? )Or should I backup the dll.xml file before installing a wilco and then copy/paste back my dll.xml backup in FSX? Thanks, Julien SalvatMontreal
The best solution is to backup the file prior to installing the Wilco/FT product and then look at what the installer puts into the file as far as its dll entries. Then take your backup version and manually enter the Wilco/FT entries into it while preserving the endline character formatting of the file.Technical info here on exactly what the problem is:http://support.preci...leshooting.aspx

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Got an extremely fast response from Ryan at PMDG.My XLM was fine, it just need a small alteration which helped.I would like to give a very big thank you to Ryan for taking the time & trouble to help me.
XML is like that.it is a data structure that expects the data it contains to be in the correct format and pattern, so even a small error or alteration can bust the sequence, causing problems for the rest of the data.A simple programmers trick with XML is to open the file (or a copy of it if you want to fiddle with it) in Internet Explorer and see if it looks broken. IE can handle xml files and shows the data with click to open/close sections in it. (Also handy for seeing how the data is organised)You can often spot the errors in XML by seeing where IE falls over in the file, or by comparing the raw XML with what IE displays. (i.e is there a chunk not displaing in IE).CheersStuntie.