Sign in to follow this  
Guest anessen

Joystick centering

Guest anessen

Hello!I have a Saitek Evo joystick. I have owned it for about a year or so now. I bought it to replace a £10 Microsoft model (mostly for the twist axis for the rudder).The problem I have always had is the general feeling of the stick itself. The centering mechanism seems to create inconsistent resistance to stick movement, even with lubrication, and it drives me insane. I have never been happy using this stick, I actually prefer the much cheaper Microsoft stick and would use it if not for its other problems. I am never able to get close to the smoothness of the Microsoft stick with this one, and after using it for more than about and hour I start to get aching in my arm and wrist because I keep tensing up.I am now looking to upgrade, but the problem I am seeing is that all of the higher spec Saitek models have the same system. Even the X52. And given that the X52 is seen as a high-end consumer level stick that a lot of people use, I'm wondering what the problem is. Is it just me being strange, or could it be something with this particular stick? So many people seem to like those high end Saitek sticks that it can't be a problem for other people.

All of Saitek's joysticks have a very similar feel to them; stiffer and a little rougher. The reason the X52is so popular is because of the HOTAS (Hands On Throttle And Stick) feature and all of the buttons.Depends on what you're flying but if it's jetliners you really want to save your pence and get a yoke.The best "feeling" joystick is very subjective but personally I like the CH product, but it's pricey.Alan :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Guest anessen

I looked up this CH stick:http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00006B84V/ref=asc_df_B00006B84V2336472?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B00006B84VI wouldn't mind investing in something like that as long as it isn't stiff/jerky like the Saitek. People talk about how it is "responsive", how does it feel physically in comparison?