Sign in to follow this  
sdilu

Aerosoft announces that it has started development for X-Plane

This can help to get the big break through for X-Plane for the masses. Aerosoft is the big player in add-on Software and they have product presence in a lot of the supermarket shelves in Europe.After REX and Carenado we just need A2A, Orbx and PMDG to get onboard and we don't need any MS Flight in the future. After all you can like X-Plane or FSX, but in the end what really makes shine Flight Simulators are the quality add-ons, at least that is my opinion.

They said they like XP 10. No confirmation yet on whether they are coming over.Mathijs said XPlane is easy. If he thinks it's easy, I'd like to know what he thinks is hard.Great news if they decide to come over. Should give x plane developers some stiff competition.

It is actually confirmed on the german frontpage: http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=home&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight+Simulation&s_language=germanTheire developers have started to work on add-ons for X-Plane. Not sure if those have been there before, but a few airplanes are on sale for X-Plane (C-152, Carenado, and a scenery for southern germany)Jan

Guest veeray

Carenado's been there for ages.. Personally i can't wait for this. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in buying a X-plane model from Stefan or a scenery from SimWings.... I have no problems flying around the same scenery for months, so long as it's "as good as it gets" for the sim.

Orbx have previously stated that they will solely be designing for the Microsoft platform of FS. Unlikely that Xplane will see Orbx development unless the mass audience is there to justify the development.

Orbx have previously stated that they will solely be designing for the Microsoft platform of FS. Unlikely that Xplane will see Orbx development unless the mass audience is there to justify the development.
ORBX is in bed with MS. I wouldn't be suprised if they were actually doing the scenery that we see in flight now.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

The mass audience will not see Orbx scenery for X-plane, non competitive agreement.Aerosoft will make scenery for X-plane, read the fourth post... http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=44123 do you have the feeling of Aerosoft having a non competitive agreement with somebody?

Guest veeray

Non competitive agreement? where did you hear this?

Guest veeray

Actually the only people we know of who have been paid by Microsoft is FSDT... whats your evidence that MS will even answer support emails from OrbX let alone buy them off?

Here is a small trailer I just saw, you may have seen it before...

I'm just saying that if Orbx is commited to MS only as they wrote it here... http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=25430.0 they have to have a very good reason to do so, you don't put all your eggs in the same basket for nothing...what do they have to gain by doing so?? trying to be the main supplier of scenery for Flight....who knows what it can be?

Guest veeray

Are you sure you read that article properly before you quoted it. It says nothing about even supporting Flight... in fact it says the complete opposite that they will continue to support FSX in the near future and only FSX. Not X-plane not Flight since as far as their concerned neither one is guarenteed to be compatible with their current line of FSX products. If you think that's being in bed with Microsoft...I must disagree :)

Are you sure you read that article properly before you quoted it. It says nothing about even supporting Flight... in fact it says the complete opposite that they will continue to support FSX in the near future and only FSX. Not X-plane not Flight since as far as their concerned neither one is guarenteed to be compatible with their current line of FSX products. If you think that's being in bed with Microsoft...I must disagree :)
My first language is French but I think I read it correctly....here is a part of it...Quote "Let me state the Orbx position on FLIGHTSince ACES closed I have gone on record on many occasions to clearly state that we will continue to support the Microsoft platform, and only the Microsoft platform. Whilst we have been approached a number of times to port to X-Plane and look at other sim alternatives, my position has been clear: we're a Microsoft shop and will stay that way.We are 100% committed to releasing content for this new platform, in whatever guise that may be; of that you have our promise. But I need to stress that it's very early days for FLIGHT yet, and with the product not even being in alpha and no beta until 2011, you should be able to determine for yourself that it's some way off." end of quoteAm'I missing something here? if you think that's not being in bed with Microsoft...I must disagree ....:(

Guest veeray

This is an international forum... english is not the first language for most people. Having said that I really hadn't noticed. The first quote you have to be careful, hes quoting what he said before the Flight announcement, so being a Microsoft shop does mean FSX only. The second one is more of a wait and see his other statement suggest that if Flight pulls an XP10 and totally flips the scenery engine on it's head then it probably won't be supported immediately. Which is fair. But I think it's also fair to say if MIcrosoft contacted OrbX and asked them what they needed fixed or added to make both products better MS would actually listen. But at the same time given the level of increased competition it would have to be done under an NDA and we would never hear about it until release.