Sign in to follow this  
sdilu

Aerosoft announces that it has started development for X-Plane

I was just quoting a part of what John wrote, you have to read everything to see what is his position on the subject.To me it's crystal clear by reading what he wrote that Orbx will not make any scenery but for MS platform exclusively (FSX & Flight).

George from Fly Tampa has said that OrbX have recently signed documents with Microsoft. Seeing as FSX was released a number of years ago, I'm guessing the documents signed were pertaining to Flight.

George from Fly Tampa has said that OrbX have recently signed documents with Microsoft. Seeing as FSX was released a number of years ago, I'm guessing the documents signed were pertaining to Flight.
Goran, do you have a link to that? Fly Tampa forums?

http://www.flytampa....ilit=flight+newAbout half way down the page.
LOL!! I guess I had one drink to many....I posted on that thread before...hahaha.....did not remember seeing it, George is just saying that John is not the only one who has singned the NDA with MS, Fly Tampa did too....oups... faux pas.....

Guest veeray

Hmmm maybe the documents are for licensing agreements for scenery.... :) Quite frankly it's much easier for Microsoft to pay pennies on the dollars for a scenery/aircraft and distribute it to its million+ user base, than for Flytampa or OrbX to even bother selling their own product even if its in the flight store and there was a 100% guarentee of no piracy. That way MS could certainly keep distributing a new title every two years, without the need of ramping up to the 200 people staff Aces was in order to produce previous titles. Having worked in the industry myself dealing with cross licensing issues everyday there is no doubt in my mind that this is the best situation for everyone Microsoft, 3rd Parties Devs and especialy the consumer. Just imagine if MIcrosoft licensed OrbX Australlia and NRM.... and included it with every copy of Flight. Consumer pays relatively nothing, Microsoft doesn't hire additional staff, and OrbX walks away with a big fat check and everyone has the base package so it's easier to sell new or existing airports through the Flight store.