Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Black screens

Hey guys,First of all, I'm a licensed 747 user, so these black screens can't occur because of a pirated copy being installed. Still, the screens black out after about 10 - 30 seconds or so. They work fine one moment, and then fade out into blackness. Reloading the panel state does not help. I did deinstall the PMDG MD-11 just before testing this reloaded 747 flight, could this uninstallation have caused the 747 license, wherever it is, to become corrupted?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

What do you mean by black screen? Can you send me picture? Do you meen the whole screen is black or only aircraft screens?

What do you mean by black screen? Can you send me picture? Do you meen the whole screen is black or only aircraft screens?
I mean the screens in the cockpit, such as the ND.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Everything works. Flying, with A/P on, following the flight plan that was entered into the FMC. The FMC is the only screen in the cockpit that doesn't become black. For the rest they all do, and all systems are functional. It's just that the screens in the instrument panel fade out to blackness.

Benjamin van Soldt

Hey guys,First of all, I'm a licensed 747 user, so these black screens can't occur because of a pirated copy being installed. Still, the screens black out after about 10 - 30 seconds or so. They work fine one moment, and then fade out into blackness. Reloading the panel state does not help. I did deinstall the PMDG MD-11 just before testing this reloaded 747 flight, could this uninstallation have caused the 747 license, wherever it is, to become corrupted?
I purchased both the 747 & MD11 for FSX. After one or two uses, I've found that I get black screens (PFD, etc.) on one or the other plane after one minute of use. This happens after fresh installs. Seems the registration/license is somehow getting corrupted (according to Paul G.) which can't be fixed without reinstalling, a real pain. Got to the point where I simply haven't reinstalled the MD11 yet because the deletions, reinstalls (including the liveries & FS2Crew) were happening too often.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Are you on a 64 bit system ? If so, the black screens can easily be resolved. PMDG installers are configured to operate on 32 bit systems, hence your registration key only locks itself into the registry editor of the 32 bit system. You will need to manually import the registration key into your 64 bit system registry editor. You can find the 64 bit editor here : C: > Windows > SysWOW64Once you have imported the key here, fire up flight simulator and choose your favorite PMDG variant and enjoy your flight :)Hope this helps. Cheers,Karan

I'll have to retest all of this at some point. I'm in a grand FSX-einstallation scheme due to one addon that seems to crush FSX every time and I have to find out which addon it is. I have my suspicions, but I can't be sure yet. Next to be installed is the LDS 767. Thanks for taking the time to reply! If I bump into the problem again, I'll know where to go for help.

Benjamin van Soldt

Anytime mate :)You know where to post your questions and who to look for ;)Glad I could be of some help to you. CheersKaran

this is my 3rd installation with the same problem. This problem occurs when trying to access the PMDG menu selection when you press alt. As soon as you choose from the PMDG menu the screen will quickly splash the menu you selected, and then the screen wil go black. This has been the case on multiple versions of windows 7 64, and on different computers with different hardware, both intel and amd. This probably wont get any attention. But it would be nice to see it get fixed considering we payed a lot of money for it. 

Are you on a 64 bit system ? If so, the black screens can easily be resolved. PMDG installers are configured to operate on 32 bit systems, hence your registration key only locks itself into the registry editor of the 32 bit system. You will need to manually import the registration key into your 64 bit system registry editor. You can find the 64 bit editor here : C: > Windows > SysWOW64Once you have imported the key here, fire up flight simulator and choose your favorite PMDG variant and enjoy your flight :)Hope this helps. Cheers,Karan

I'm having this problem. Where do I locate the registry key to import? Thanks

Jon Shearer