Sign in to follow this  
tam210

anti alsing jaggy gtx580 help needed ....

just received my new pc speci5 2500k oc @ 4.5p8p67 pronh d148gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhzgtx 580 black ops oc corsair 1000w psuasus monitor vk226h @ 1920x1200x32biti have set in nvidia control panel the following settings.

just received my new pc speci5 2500k oc @ 4.5p8p67 pronh d148gb dual channel ddr3 1600mhzgtx 580 black ops oc corsair 1000w psuasus monitor vk226h @ 1920x1200x32biti have set in nvidia control panel the following settings.
Back all scenery settings off to 3/4.What driver are you currently using with this PC?

Back all scenery settings off to 3/4.What driver are you currently using with this PC?
i will try backing it off and ehm im not sure what drivers im using im just going to update them just now thanks for reply i will try that :)

Next thing to do is download and use Nvidia Inspector - not the 580's panel.Latest version:- http://hw-lab.com/nvidia-inspector-1-9-5-5.htmlThe correct Inspector settings for fsx is documented in a number of posts here on Avsim.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I don't understand, I thought this was just how aircraft self shadowing was implemented in FSX. Are you all suggesting you can somehow force anti-aliasing for shadows?

I don't understand, I thought this was just how aircraft self shadowing was implemented in FSX. Are you all suggesting you can somehow force anti-aliasing for shadows?
I'd love to know this myself, I've never been able to get my shadows anti-aliased, so I wound up turning them off because they looked so terrible (though I love the idea in principle).

still having this problem i was playing around in nvidia inspector last nite and i still have the jaggies can someone talk me through how to do this

still having this problem i was playing around in nvidia inspector last nite and i still have the jaggies can someone talk me through how to do this
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

tried these setting with nvidia inspector and still getting jaggies whats the problem here its annoying ?

Could be that it's because you're not running the monitor at its native resolution of 1900 x 1080, tam210. Try that instead of 1200.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I don't believe aircraft self-shadows will antialias. These are produced with a different method than the shadow of the aircraft on the ground is. They're done using shaders on the GPU - shader aliasing is a whole other can of worms that the GPU companies haven't really provided a way to reliably AA yet. I personally run with aircraft self-shadows off, I don't think they look right to begin with.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Works on shadows also.
We aren't talking about object/aircraft ground shadows.Show me a pic with anti-aliased aircraft self shadowing.

Works on shadows also.
I always thought ground shadows were different than the self shadowing... I get the jaggy shadows as described in the OP picture. (If using self shadowing)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |