Sign in to follow this  
WTE_Pharoah

Correct installation process for 747X

hi guysI've had to reinstall the Queen for FSX a number of times over the past few years mainly due to HDD failures, reinstalls, etc etc. Anyway, each time I go to reinstall, I've always come up with problems ie. I fire up the installer, enter my c/card details, etc etc....and it installs perfectly. THEN, I go into the game and the screens are black, the nose wheel is locked at 90 deg, the controls don't work, etc etc - I'm assuming its some sort of anti piracy thing - I dunno. I then reinstall 2-3 times before it works. Am I doing something wrong?

Seems a bit strange that you would have to enter your credit card details... this is not part of the validation procedure.

Howdy WTE ---- wow, that sounds like a serious problem you are dealing with. I just got the 747X recently and have re-installed it a couple of times to optimize my computer configuration and it has worked just fine.Make sure that your system is CLEAN of any old traces of the program before you try to re-install. You should not have any problems and the installer is pretty good about reporting basic install issues if there are any. You do not say anything about what kind of system you are running or your op-system. These can make a big difference on how your handle cleaning out old program installs before re-installing them.Anyway, make sure your system is CLEAN of any old remnants or artifacts that could cause problems.Good Luck --- Bob Big%20Grin.gif

hi guyssorry for the delay - okay, I reinstalled (I confused the activation with the leveld 767 - my bad) and validated my install after inputting my email/pw/order ID - all good. I then started a flight with the default cessna before firing up the Queen...once I"m in there, the screens, etc are on and I can move the throttles but the rudder and yoke will NOT move. I triple checked that my CH controls are all working (I actually tested them on the Cessna, and then on the Leveld 767 which worked fine) but when I go back to the Queen...same problem. This is weird as I've had this a/c for 2+ years and nothing like this has happened before. Any suggestions? (ps. I reinstalled 3 times and each time I get the same result). :(