Sign in to follow this  
Jc202

PMDG takeoff

Hi so I'm new to the pmdg 747-400 but I am positive that I am entering all of the necessary information correctly within the fmc. So I would power up press to/ga and pitch up press vnav and autopilot the shortly after lnav. The problem is that everything is good until I reach 10000 it always stay ther even if it is now in the legs and I don't know why. It does not go to the desired altitude assigned to it in legs in the fmc. It will turn at points set and still be at that altitude an no the v/s and altitude lights or not on. What am I doing wrong?Tremaine Yates

Hi Tremaine,did you try to change the ALT by Alt knob and click on it? It is the window next to V/S. There you set maximum Altitude you get aprovement from ATC or Initial climb that is set for every airport. It has to be set before také off.Petr

Did you set the MCP altitude in concordance with your desired alt?I always set it to my cruise alt prior takeoff, since I don't use ATC.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Does speed remain at 250 knots when reaching 10,000 feet? I can think of three functional items that are controlling altitude, MCP altitude window, the legs page and the VNAV page where cruise altitude is set. If VNAV cruise is set to 10,000 and VNAV is active, I would guess it would level off at 10,000 even with the MCP at higher. Try flight level change at 10,000 with MCP altitude higher. It should climb.

I guess having the knob at 10 000 may b the issue but I thought the vnav with the Sid would automatically adjust the aircraft to climb and and attain what altitude in terms of the limits of the area. I assumed that it would follow these constraints rather than go to the altitude that was selected.Tremaine Yates

No, having X altitude in the Altitude box is like a "Stop" box. Either going up or down, if the 747 approaches your MCP altitude box, it will stay there until the MCP is moved. After it deals with the MCP, then it will fly any altitude restraints on VNAV.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

O ok i will try it out and see what happens. But another problem i am having i have seen it plenty of times on the forum is the pitching of the aircraft when you reach cruise it just pitches up and down like crazy. any suggestions on how to fix this?Tremaine Yates

Are you loading the aircraft directly from the Fly Now menu, or after loading with a default aircraft?

Kyle Rodgers

There's your problem.Load the default Cessna (or any other default aircraft) first. Then, once the sim is fully loaded and you're on the ramp, change to the more complex aircraft (the PMDG 744 in this case).

Kyle Rodgers

@scandinavian13 ok so I did what you suggested unfortunately it didn't work it is still pitching up and down continuously.Tremaine Yates

Using weather?Do you have a trim axis assigned?(I feel like I'm asking these questions in different posts over and over again)

Kyle Rodgers

Because i read some of the previous posts before,I had the trim set and I am not using any weather. I attempted to make an ils landing just noW and it was horrible due to the pitching.