Sign in to follow this  
Jc202

PMDG takeoff

Hi Tremaine,Did you load the aircraft using the PMDG load manager or did you use FSX Fuel & Cargo page? It is important that you never use the FSX menu for PMDG aircraft.

in this case i did not use the fsx and cargo page. i dont usually use it. i didnt use the pmdg load manager either because i wanted to test out the "Cessna default theory". i just select the Cessna then switch it to the pmdg 747-400 and then i flew from there.

OK.. I'm not sure what that does to your PMDG 747 cargo/fuel load to be honest. You might want to try again... Load the Cessna, turn everthing off in the Cessna (engine, battery, avionics) and then load the 744. Then open the PMDG load manager, throw in some fuel, cargo and passengers (if you're flying PAX) and try it again. See if it helps to have it loaded with the PMDG load manager.Let us know if it helps.

in this case i did not use the fsx and cargo page. i dont usually use it. i didnt use the pmdg load manager either because i wanted to test out the "Cessna default theory". i just select the Cessna then switch it to the pmdg 747-400 and then i flew from there.
FS9 or FSX?If your using FS9 you need to set the ZFW for the 744 using the PMDG Load manager & save this BEFORE starting FS...there are two types one for the PAX Version, one for the Freighter version...a tyical load is a ZFW anywhere between 224-237 tonnes for the PAX & 230-270 tonnes for the Freighter.If you are using FSX (I don't use FSX) I belive you can do this once the 744 Addon has loaded.By starting FS with the default Cessna powered down you give FS a known starting point, save a flight with the default Cessna (ENG shut down & all power OFF)at an airport and gate of your choice...by doing this you can choose this flight everytime you start FS.If you want to move location you can do this from here.THEN...load the PMDG 744/F...let everything load & once things settle select the Cold/Dark Cockpit Scenario from the PMDG drop down menu on the native FS toolbar...let it reset all the buttons & switches before moving on.THEN...as said above with FSX you can change the ZFW.THEN...load fuel via the from the PMDG drop down menu on the native FS toolbar...DO NOT use the native FS Fuel loader as this will create weight & balance issues.If you want to switch PMDG 744 models or liveries once you have engines running don't...fully close FS & restart it...don't try & load another version this will also cause issues.If you are using a WX programme do some research on known issues when using FS9 & FSX PMDG Addons...they are very realistic & while WX programmes will add to the experience they need to be squeezed & slowed down - this affects the rate at which the wind direction speed & air temperature interract with FS...this type of addon is very realistic & if the WX programme is allowed to make very sudden & drastic changes to the WX it will create issues with the addon in FS.Finally, do yourself a favour & get a fully registered copy of FSUIPC - fully calibrate you joystick/yoke/pedal combination...these devices can also interfere with the delicate autopilot simulation by creating 'excess noise' or force on the addon flight controls which cause flight issues & autopilot disconnect issues.I am beginning to sound like an old broken record again.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

i'm sorry but i am trying all of these suggestions but still no success it is still pitching. what i don't get is why some users are experiencing it and not others.

Your first problem is because you need to dial in what ever altitude on the MCPYour crazy pitching is because of turbulence and how pmdg doesn't react well to it. A registered version of FSUIPC and check the disable turbulence box. Also in your fsx.cfg file you can adjust the turbulence line to be .5000 instead of 1.000

Your first problem is because you need to dial in what ever altitude on the MCPYour crazy pitching is because of turbulence and how pmdg doesn't react well to it. A registered version of FSUIPC and check the disable turbulence box. Also in your fsx.cfg file you can adjust the turbulence line to be .5000 instead of 1.000
The author has still not made clear which version of FS he is using.Actually, it is a well known fact that the FS WX engine is the issue - not the PMDG 747 config file - change that at your peril.PMDG aircraft are actually pretty realistic - its the peripherals - yokes/pedals/joysticks & WX programmes that cause the majority of issues - and because default aircraft & most addon aircraft are not realistic - you get used to a certain type of behaviour and the you install a PMDG product & bam! - Problems!A good read of the Manual is also helpful when trying to understand the systems.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

i am using fsx. but what i want to know are other fsx users experiencing this problem?

The advice you received from G-CIVA is very good."Finally, do yourself a favour & get a fully registered copy of FSUIPC - fully calibrate you joystick/yoke/pedal combination...these devices can also interfere with the delicate autopilot simulation by creating 'excess noise' or force on the addon flight controls which cause flight issues & autopilot disconnect issues".

i am using fsx. but what i want to know are other fsx users experiencing this problem?
Yes,Lots.Plenty of posts...people get taken down rabbit holes due to some well intended but red herring advice too...its all in the way you boot FS, load a PMDG product from a previously saved flight in the fs default cessna, use a correctly saved PMDG Panel state, load fuel right through to getting peripherals (physical & software) calibrated & configured correctly to understanding how the various systems interact.All of the above save reading the manual & understanding the systems) will make it fly & react correctly...a liitle time & effort is all it needs.Its not a load'n go type of addon.Hundreds if not thousands also use it everyday without issues.Please don't think I am trying to be clever, rude or sarcastic because we can really help here...did you really try all of the suggestions as you mentioned earlier?

Steve Bell

...its all in the way you boot FS, load a PMDG product from a previously saved flight in the fs default cessna, use a correctly saved PMDG Panel state, load fuel right through to getting peripherals (physical & software) calibrated & configured correctly to understanding how the various systems interact.
Good Morning Steve;I don't discount a single word you say here, but on the other hand I don't do anything at all special (other than registered FSUIPC with wx smoothed out) to start up a flight and I have zero problems in FSX + Acceleration. Knock on wood!Microsoft OS's and FSX really are enough sometimes to convince a person to start drinking heavily.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

yes i do actually follow the suggestions because i came here for a solution. right now i am about to download FSUIPC since it is highly recommended and hope that it works.

This document will help you get thru the FSUIPC learning curve.http://www.scribd.com/doc/36818128/Simsamurai-Fsuipc-TutorialIt is a cookbook step by step manual for calibration and gheneral setup.