In my quest for better performance I decided to give the gtx 580 a try and I can honestly say that:THERE'S A SLIGHT FPS IMPROVEMENT OVER MY GTX 480I don't see much of an FPS (only about 3-5 fps) improvement in the badly needed very dense scenerios, but things are smoother than before.So, will I keep it? I'm not sure yet. I might have to do a full fresh install of the OS and FSX before I can decide.The performance is what I expected. Maybe the 990x or 995x might be a better investment.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I would say 3-5 FPS is quite a lot if it's in dense scenery/traffic airports where FPS are 20ish. Did you bench that with FRAPS?Could you please run this benchmark flight with FRAPS in both cards with the same settings and send me files?

Maybe the 990x or 995x might be a better investment.
I really hope you're kidding. :rolleyes: A 990X-995X is not what I would call an investment to begin with, especially if you're coming from a 975. Geez, how do you spend this money?! Might as well order a 2600K and P67 board if you're willing to buy those bad boys.I'm experiencing major buyer's remorse because I "upgraded" from my GTX460 to my current 560. Some improvements but not $250 worth. When I upgrade, I want to see RESULTS! Like going from an E8400 to the i7 960 or a GTX260 to a GTX460! :Drooling: .02 worth

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I would say 3-5 FPS is quite a lot if it's in dense scenery/traffic airports where FPS are 20ish. Did you bench that with FRAPS?Could you please run this benchmark flight with FRAPS in both cards with the same settings and send me files?
Dario,I'll see what I can do about the test.I also noticed that an unlimited FSX fps setting is very stable. This means even better performance. I couldn't do much testing with different BP settings, but I will check out some settings with low and high BP setting along with AM=15. 14 is smooth but decreases performance.I'll let everyone know.
I really hope you're kidding. :rolleyes: A 990X-995X is not what I would call an investment to begin with, especially if you're coming from a 975. Geez, how do you spend this money?! Might as well order a 2600K and P67 board if you're willing to buy those bad boys.I'm experiencing major buyer's remorse because I "upgraded" from my GTX460 to my current 560. Some improvements but not $250 worth. When I upgrade, I want to see RESULTS! Like going from an E8400 to the i7 960 or a GTX260 to a GTX460! :Drooling: .02 worth
Zach,I can always use the i7975 for my DJ system. FSX is CPU dependent. Higher speeds + more cores = better overall performance, especially in densely populated AG. An i7 990 is an investment for me, not an expense.

After further testing, I'm returning the gtx 580.Maybe the 990x or 995x will be a much better upgrade.