Sign in to follow this  
iam

Dual monitor computer problems...

My computer uses 2 monitors, a big 27" one and a smaller 20" LCD which I use for work and in portait mode.The desktop "extend" to the smaller one.My issue is, whenever I start FSX, unless I disable the smaller monitor, FSX will not run correctly on my primary display (27" LCD). It somehow tries to extend itself to the second smaller monitor.Now, I want to use full screen FSX, isn't there any way to tell FSX to use only my primary display and forget about the other one?I tried removing the second display entry in fsx.cfg, but it keeps recreating the entry. Disabling my second monitor each time is a PITA so if anyone has any tips, please let me know.Cheers!Fred

Hi,Knowing your video card would really come in handy here!

Your disabling the monitor in the wrong place..Right click on a blank space on your desktop, select properties, settings and select your second monitor and un-check extend desktop to this monitor..or for win7 select screen resoloution and under multiple displays select display on your main monitor only.Then when you start FSX it will only use 1 monitor.

Disabling my second monitor each time is a PITA so if anyone has any tips, please let me know.
Sorry, but this is the only way to run FSX in fullscreen and not have it pick up any additional monitors but your main display.I've just gotten used to running it in windowed mode, as that only creates one game window on your primary display regardless of how many monitors FSX detects on startup (I have 3). Yes, the titlebar is distracting at first but after a while you don't notice it (and screenshots don't capture it - so long as you use the in-game capture hotkey and not Alt+PrtScr) plus you can bring focus to another window on your second monitor without causing the game window to minimize (although sound will cut out - nothing you can do about that either!)

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

the titlebar is distracting at first but after a while you don't notice it
Move the task bar to the second monitor, just drag it over.

Jay

:o Thankyou! Never knew you could do that! Thanks :smile:

Wait what? I said "title bar" not "task bar"I set my task bar to auto-hide so that it is always out of the way.

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

In FS9/WinXP (and I assume similar for FSX?), I Auto Hide both Menu and Task Bars, then change Title Bar colours to Black with minim. size, dark Green lettering. Hard to distinguish from Full Screen. If you wish, use black lettering on the black title bars to really make 'em disappear!Here is the result-AR