Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

NGX Build

SO is my build good or not, Its JUST for FSX. Do i screw something up?
No Ron. Your rig is great. No worries. :biggrin:You didn't screw anything up. This rig is going to run FSX really nicely.

No Ron. Your rig is great. No worries. :biggrin:You didn't screw anything up. This rig is going to run FSX really nicely.
THANK YOU, the pressure is now release! I hope its better then my i7 920 3.6 Ghz machine.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have a question for everyone. When I fly MSFSX with the PMDG MD11, for example, in a heavy airport, per example Aerosoft Mega Airport Madrid, I don't get more than 6 / 10 FPS.My configuration is basically:Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2.CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7 950, 3200 MHz (24 x 133)Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 - Driver version 8.17.12.6658 - nVIDIA ForceWare 66.58 - Memory size 1536MBRAM: 8GB (4x2) DDR3 Kingston 9905403-011.A03LFWhere do you think is the bottleneck?I am looking to buy a more powerful processor.Could you give me some idea to improve FPS?PD: I have configured the graphic Card with the NvidiaInspector fllowin the advise of Ryan MaziarzThanks in advance and excuse my poor english.Francisco Mateos

THANK YOU, the pressure is now release! I hope its better then my i7 920 3.6 Ghz machine.
Ron, you convinced me to move from my E8500 to a SB build. I went for the 2500k on ASUS P8P67 with 4GB of GSkill Ripjaws X 1600.I can now stop worrying about the NGX not running well on my PC. :Party:Oh yeah, all this for under $500, seems like worthy upgrade, but we shall see when it's up and running.

Ron, you convinced me to move from my E8500 to a SB build. I went for the 2500k on ASUS P8P67 with 4GB of GSkill Ripjaws X 1600.I can now stop worrying about the NGX not running well on my PC. :Party:Oh yeah, all this for under $500, seems like worthy upgrade, but we shall see when it's up and running.
Ya man, this will be my cheapest build ever, and supposly the best too for FSX anyway

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have a question for everyone. When I fly MSFSX with the PMDG MD11, for example, in a heavy airport, per example Aerosoft Mega Airport Madrid, I don't get more than 6 / 10 FPS.My configuration is basically:Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2.CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7 950, 3200 MHz (24 x 133)Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 - Driver version 8.17.12.6658 - nVIDIA ForceWare 66.58 - Memory size 1536MBRAM: 8GB (4x2) DDR3 Kingston 9905403-011.A03LFWhere do you think is the bottleneck?I am looking to buy a more powerful processor.Could you give me some idea to improve FPS?PD: I have configured the graphic Card with the NvidiaInspector fllowin the advise of Ryan MaziarzThanks in advance and excuse my poor english.Francisco Mateos
It's probably a combination of that particular scenery itself and your relatively low CPU speed compared to those of us who overclock (3.2 vs. 4.0+ is a big deal in FSX). What kind of performance do you get at sceneries that are known to be very well optimized like Orbx YMML 2.0, Fly Tampa KTPA Reloaded or Flightbeam KSFO? I get very good performance at these airports using a similar system. Scenery developers have to be very careful with how many draw calls they're causing due to the way the FSX engine works. There's certain ways that you can always bring FSX's performance to its knees even on the most powerful computer money can buy unfortunately. The engine is old and doesn't take advantage of GPUs the way that more modern game engines do.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's probably a combination of that particular scenery itself and your relatively low CPU speed compared to those of us who overclock (3.2 vs. 4.0+ is a big deal in FSX). What kind of performance do you get at sceneries that are known to be very well optimized like Orbx YMML 2.0, Fly Tampa KTPA Reloaded or Flightbeam KSFO? I get very good performance at these airports using a similar system. Scenery developers have to be very careful with how many draw calls they're causing due to the way the FSX engine works. There's certain ways that you can always bring FSX's performance to its knees even on the most powerful computer money can buy unfortunately. The engine is old and doesn't take advantage of GPUs the way that more modern game engines do.
Ryan, I really hope the NGX will have at least a little bit better performance than the JS41, I am literally building a new computer so I can use it over ORBX FTX Scenery in Australia. I own the JS41 and it's pretty good in FPS if you use the CP to lower the settings but sometimes it can be low if Im flying in YBBN or YSSY. Not that the scenery isnt CPU intensive because it is but every little bit counts.

Ron Hamilton

Francisco - you need to overclock that CPU. Get it up in the 3.8 to 4 ghz range and you will see an improvement. Your I7 will easilly hit 4 ghz with good aircooling. Realistically though, even with my CPU oc'd to 4ghz, good video card, 6 gigs or RAM, I am in the very low teens at complex airports, with moderate traffice (fsx native traffice to boot) and a plane like the PMDG MD11. The technology is just starting to catch up with what FSX offers, esp, if you want realistic weather, better clouds. Tom's Hardware Guide has some good articles on overclocking. Colin Ware

The engine is old and doesn't take advantage of GPUs the way that more modern game engines do.
- Is there much difference between the 560 Ti and the 570? Is it worth to spend more to get the 570 instead of the 560 Ti?- Is there much difference between 460/480 en 560 Ti? Is it worth to spend more to get the 560 Ti instead of the 480?Already many thanks for your help, Ryan. And by the way, please keep going with the good development! Don't rush through the proces because some kids want it ... :(

In case of using SSD (for example 160 Gb), together with HDD, is it still not possible or even better to have OS and FSX together on the SSD?Just curious because I'm planning to buy a new PC for FSX.Ype Reitsma

Thanks all for the replies,Do you some tool for overcloocking?
¿Qué Tal? Tiene que overclock mediante el BIOS. Sí, hay ciertas programas que puede usar para OC, pero estaría mucho mejor para hacerlo usando este BIOS. El problema es que cuando trata de OC mediante una programa cuando estás en Windows, esto puede causar problemas de estabilidad, y otras cosas tambien. Si no sabes como OC usando el BIOS, hay muchas guias en el Internét. Como por ejemplo: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/ultimate_core_i7_overclocking_guide_we_push_nehalem_its_limitsYo sé que este guia está en ingles. Si puedes comprenderlo, que bueno, si no ... puedes usar Google Translate para cabiar este pagina en español. Perdoname si hay palabras incorectas, pero es que estoy usando mi iPod para escribir esto, y mi iPod quiere corregir todas las palabras en ingles. Te Cuidas,

Muy buen español Ethan :Applause:El problema es la version 1.01 de Aerosoft Barajas. Tiene un fallo en la iluminación nocturna que provoca bajísimo rendimiento. La versión 1.02 lo soluciona, o eso he leído en algún foro(in english)The problem resides in Aerosoft Barajas v1.01. It has a bug in the night lighting that kills frames. It's supposed to be fixed in v1.02

Muy buen español Ethan :(
Gracias Darío. No soy como un Americano ordinario quien aprendió un poco de español en la escuela secundaria. Desde que era pequeño, me crecí en una comunidad Hispano, por lo que han aprendido el español como cualquier persona Hispano. De hecho, me puede hablar y entender el español al mismo nivel o grado que Inglés. Cuando la gente me escucha hablar, me preguntan si soy un Hispano, porque no tengo acento.Puedes llamarme Alejandro o Alex, porque eso es lo que estoy llamado por mis amigos. :Big Grin:To be honest, I didn't realize you were Spanish. It is nice to have another Spanish friend...Especially one who enjoys FSX and computers. None of my other Spanish friends really have an interest in either. Bueno, Ahora tengo que salir y jugar futbol con mis amigos. Mi amigo Osvaldo está esperándome. Hasta Luego!(Voy a enviarte una invitación para ser amigos.)

EDIT: I said I didn't realize you were Spanish, but I now see in the sidebar that you are located in Palma de Mallorca. Duh! I guess that's what happens when you post off of your iPhone 99.9% of the time.