Sign in to follow this  
alexf

First trip around Murray Island (AU)

I had downloaded the day it came out but was doing a tour of RTMM between Prince Rupert and Sitka and that took time.Today I took a break from that trip and went for a visit around Murray Island - YMUI freeware. Wow!Did several turns around the island on different planes to test. see the results (real date/time and weather - REX and Open Clouds):1. Aeronca ChampionYMUI_Aeronca.jpg2. Tiger MothYMUI_Tmoth.jpg3. C206YMUI_C206.jpg4. C185FYMUI_C185F.jpg5. C172YMUI_C172.jpgFPS stayed above 30 (capped at 40). I'm impressed.

Nice pics. I installed it the other day as well. They're really putting out some nice freeware stuff over their, as well as the Ant's AU airport collections when used with AU SP3/4 look really good.

FPS stayed above 30 (capped at 40). I'm impressed.
I should hope so since there's not much there. :( No if I could get a good solid 30 to 40 FPS at YMML I would be really happy... Actually the FPS at YMML aren't bad, but my rig struggles with the ground textures at that airport.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow what a surprise! I never thought I would find reference to Torres Straits on this site. I fly in and out of of Murray Island regularly, I'm amazed how detailed and accurate it is. I love the shark jaws gate on the apron which was designed to resemble the Murray Island traditional head dress which the men wear. Keep these pics coming, Darnley Island, Coconut Island and Yorke Island would be great to post. CheersTristan