Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Cannot capture LOC with B737 and MD11?

Hi guys.I didn't fly PMDG a/c for a long time.Know I notice that I cannot capture properly LOC on any airport.The problem is not with magdec.bgl, because on the rwy I have LOC indication as it should.The problem is with approach, PMDG a/c is always few degrees left or right (LOC signal not at center). If I manually follow LOC signal I will land as it shouldI tried registry patch and same problem. What is next.Edin HP.S. I tried Wilco A320 and F1 ATR72 and it lands on center so not scenery problemfs9.1W7 64bitUAC OFFADMIN

What specific approaches?Are you sure when you ran the registry tool that you ran it with Run as Adminstrator? It won't work on Vista/Win7 unless you do. Run as Adminstrator is not the same thing as your account being an Administrator account - be aware of that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan.I'm aware about W7 security and because of that UAC is OFF and I gave Full permission to the directory where FS9 is installed.I run few times F1 Registry repair as Admin. No luck, but I think that there is no problem with registry because all other software recognize where fs9 is installed like Navigraph AIRAC.I didn't notice this behavior before and I'm not sure what causes this.I notice this at EGGL Rwy27L ILS App, I was established on LOC, LOC signal centered. After engaging APPR, a/c deviate 2-3 deg to the right (LOC needle goes 2-3 DEG to the left). When Autoland engaged, a/c landed at the edge of the rwy.I tried same approach with Wilco A320 and F1 ATR72 and a/c follow LOC signal correctly.After this strange behavior I tried another approach at LDZA ILS Rwy05 (Puljevic LDZA scenery) with B737.Again I was established on LOC for rwy05 after engaging VOR/LOC a/c deviate to the left.Then I tried with MD11, and same problem. With MD11 I was not able to autoland, because LOC deviation was to big and AP goes OFF.I'm familiar with both aircrafts, so the problem is not in pilots procedures ;-).I spend whole day with all kinds of reinstallations, and even I completely remove PMDG and again install, same problem appears only with PMDG a/c. Finally I decided to revert to my Acronis Backup file to state 2 month before.After that I manage to land correctly,. I reinstall missing scenerys just to check if they cause this LOC behavior, but everything worked OK. So definitely no problems with scenery.So, only thing I missing from previous state is iFly Sp1-rev3 (currently iFly Sp1-rev 1) and AIRAC 1103.I will install today after work and report findings here.Thanks for assistanceEdin H.

Hi Ryan.I'm aware about W7 security and because of that UAC is OFF and I gave Full permission to the directory where FS9 is installed.I run few times F1 Registry repair as Admin. No luck, but I think that there is no problem with registry because all other software recognize where fs9 is installed like Navigraph AIRAC.I didn't notice this behavior before and I'm not sure what causes this.I notice this at EGGL Rwy27L ILS App, I was established on LOC, LOC signal centered. After engaging APPR, a/c deviate 2-3 deg to the right (LOC needle goes 2-3 DEG to the left). When Autoland engaged, a/c landed at the edge of the rwy.I tried same approach with Wilco A320 and F1 ATR72 and a/c follow LOC signal correctly.After this strange behavior I tried another approach at LDZA ILS Rwy05 (Puljevic LDZA scenery) with B737.Again I was established on LOC for rwy05 after engaging VOR/LOC a/c deviate to the left.Then I tried with MD11, and same problem. With MD11 I was not able to autoland, because LOC deviation was to big and AP goes OFF.I'm familiar with both aircrafts, so the problem is not in pilots procedures ;-).I spend whole day with all kinds of reinstallations, and even I completely remove PMDG and again install, same problem appears only with PMDG a/c. Finally I decided to revert to my Acronis Backup file to state 2 month before.After that I manage to land correctly,. I reinstall missing scenerys just to check if they cause this LOC behavior, but everything worked OK. So definitely no problems with scenery.So, only thing I missing from previous state is iFly Sp1-rev3 (currently iFly Sp1-rev 1) and AIRAC 1103.I will install today after work and report findings here.Thanks for assistanceEdin H.
After you have run register fix, check to see in register (two places in Win7 x64 Os)[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0]In my case: SetupPath=E:\Flight Simulator X\SetupPath for FSX should end with a \ in both places.I had problem with this a time ago, landing a little to right when following LOC, after changing this, no problem. :(

HiThanks for tip.I saw this info about regedit before. But in my case I have \ at the end.However, I installed iFly 1-3 and tried again LDZA ILS5 approach with MD11.Works OK.Only thing I missing is new Navdata cycle. However I don't think that new AIRAC has influence on LOC behavior. So, smart thing is to do regular backup. Edin