Sign in to follow this  
Guest BRISTOL86

iFly 737

Guest BRISTOL86

Hi AllI have the PMDG 737 and am thinking about making the switch to iFly. Mainly because I like to use 2D panels and hear that the iFly's 2D panel is exceptional, as well as the overall model and handling being much improved on the PMDG.Unfortunately I can't seem to find an in depth review at all anywhere! Obviously there are countless threads with users opinions, but I'd quite like to read something as in depth as an AVSIM review, if anyone knows where one can be found?Many thanksMartin

Hi AllI have the PMDG 737 and am thinking about making the switch to iFly. Mainly because I like to use 2D panels and hear that the iFly's 2D panel is exceptional, as well as the overall model and handling being much improved on the PMDG.Unfortunately I can't seem to find an in depth review at all anywhere! Obviously there are countless threads with users opinions, but I'd quite like to read something as in depth as an AVSIM review, if anyone knows where one can be found?Many thanksMartin
IMO users' comments are much more effective than a review. I think that one person (the author) can't cover all the pros and cons.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Guest BRISTOL86
IMO users' comments are much more effective than a review. I think that one person (the author) can't cover all the pros and cons.
Good point, and the overwhelming majority of the comments I've read have been very positive.I just like having an in-depth summary to read through with a coffee, all in one place! :(

Yeah,very positive :smile:Besides,flight1 lets you try the aircraft for 30 days with full refund :(

As a general policy, subject to the refund policies listed below, Flight1 allows most products to be returned or refunded within 30 days unless it is noted on the product page for the title that the sale is final. In some cases a refund may not be able to be processed. Please read the information below for more information on our refund policies.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

As valuable as user feedback can be, I know what you mean about a thorough objective review as well. If at all possible though I encourage you to try it out - trust me there's real fire where you're seeing all that positive smoke :(

Regards,

Mark

The iFly product is much advanced over the PMDG FS9 product which itself was initially written for FS2002. I have, and enjoy, both. The iFly has the added advantage of offering the full range of BBJ models. Given that, there are two caveats. The software is very sensitive to anti-virus programs during download and install, so make sure it's disabled until installation is completed. Second, it's very sensitive to "seat-of-the-pants" flying. This is not a "kick the tires and light the fires" type of aircraft. You must read the documentation and follow the checklists or it isn't going to fly right. The written tutorial is excellent, the manuals are comprehensive, and the support on their forum site is very responsive. There's also a major feature pack coming soon. Overall, it's an excellent product for FS9, especially if you don't feel like upgrading to FSX for the upcoming PMDG NGX.

I'll second that. I'd say that the iFly is probably an all time high for FS9, even better than the previous benchmark of the PMDG 747-400 and the Level D 767. The quality of the visuals, the attention to detail, smoothness of the flight model and superb soundset all make for a top notch product, with second to none customer service too.The iFly also offers one of the most superb VC flight decks around in either FS9 or FSX. You don't know what you're missing, seriously.

I'll second that. I'd say that the iFly is probably an all time high for FS9, even better than the previous benchmark of the PMDG 747-400 and the Level D 767. The quality of the visuals, the attention to detail, smoothness of the flight model and superb soundset all make for a top notch product, with second to none customer service too.The iFly also offers one of the most superb VC flight decks around in either FS9 or FSX. You don't know what you're missing, seriously.
Slow your roll there. The top three birds are Maddog Md80, Level D 767 and PMDG 747. IFly may have taken the 4th spot but the top three have history of super performance and system modeling. I have ALL 4 and enjoy flying all 4.Carl Perry 7+ year sim pilot

Guest BRISTOL86

Thanks very much for your input everyone, I have no doubt that this bird will be in my hangar before very long at all!

You wont regret it at all.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.