Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Flight Sim is like crack? ;)

Ok I've never tried crack but heard it's pretty addictive! ;) We'll I've been back in the UK a month now after moving my entire life (including home cockpit) to Bahrain. Only planned to come back for a few day's to pick up a few things but due to the riots and general craziness out there I may be stuck in London for a few months on the advice of my employers.well I didn't think I was addicted to FS until now, I seem to be getting withdrawal symptoms! and even had a dream I was landing the PMDG MD11 lol! I am a perfectly normal 30 something guy with plenty of friends and activities outside of FS. The closest thing I can think of is when I don't play guitar for a while, I always need a guitar nearby when I'm at home in case an idea pops into my head, but I've been playing since I was 13! Not too sure it's normal to get withdrawal symptoms over software! :)so how long have you been away from FS against your will?

Rob Prest

A week. I was at a Boy Scout summer camp. Then over spring break, we are taking a week long cruise, no FS there.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Each day when i go to work.... geee i would love to work from home so i can do both :(

Yes flight sim is like a drug, for me it's not a game its a passion i could not stay too long without a flight.Everyday i visit avsim and pmdg. Every week i do a flight with 2 fs addicted friends and it's fantastic!Usually i do a flight a day using real company routes.Now i have just format my pc and i'm waiting for NGX before installing FSX so i whish the wait it's not too long.

PMDG isn't doing anything to help. I keep coming back here multiple times a day! They give you just a taste and you just want more! ;)

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I agree. Like you I have never tried crack or any other drug, including pot, but everytime I go on a vacation of 5 days or more I find myself missing the sim, especially if I am staying near an airport and hear a/c going over head at all hours of the day. Unfortunately, packing my FS rig with my flight controls, rudder pedals and everything else associated with it is out of the question for a regular person. I guess if I was loaded enough to fly on a private jet and had handlers to take care of everything when I go on vacation I could have them bring my FS set everywhere I go.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have always referred to FS as an "addiction" - not a "hobby". :(

I entirely blame PMDG for this, theve got some addictive aircraft I just can't live without. :(

I agree. Like you I have never tried crack or any other drug, including pot, but everytime I go on a vacation of 5 days or more I find myself missing the sim, especially if I am staying near an airport and hear a/c going over head at all hours of the day. Unfortunately, packing my FS rig with my flight controls, rudder pedals and everything else associated with it is out of the question for a regular person. I guess if I was loaded enough to fly on a private jet and had handlers to take care of everything when I go on vacation I could have them bring my FS set everywhere I go.Sean Campbell
LOL if you're that loaded might as well fly the real thing.

Crack would be a bloody sight cheaper I'm sure! :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I entirely blame PMDG for this, theve got some addictive aircraft I just can't live without. :(
I wish I had one more. :(

NAX669.png

My shop is located next to a plumbing warehouse, so I see crack alll day long and I have to say that simming is far better to look at for sure :( lol

so how long have you been away from FS against your will?
For me it has been 2 or 3 month in summer 2 years ago. My Harddrive broke down at the beginning the the summerholidays in school.I tried several things to get my programms back and i even reinstalled the whole flightsim software (including the OS) almost every weekend because i could fly at least for the weekend then. But as soon as i rebooted the computer everything was deleted again. After those 2 or 3 month i found out that the harddrive was broken. I send the computer back to the shop where i bought it and i got a new one. But those month were terrible. At least because i only have 6 weeks summerholidays here in germany. My whole holidays were ruined :( expecially because all my friends flew away and so i was alone here at home and couldn't do much.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I have been grounded now for two weeks because I returned my Saitek Pro Yoke to Saitek for repairs. The first few days weren't that bad. But I got the itch of withdrawal that was so bad that I started up FSX and (WARNING-GRAPHIC MESSAGE COMING), I actually flew with just my KEYBOARD for controls! Oh, sure, at first it was just a little default C172, but it felt like I was flying the finest plane in the world for those few moments. Then, like all addictive substances, I had to have more, no matter what the cost, so I switched to the default Baron in mid-flight, in total disregard for keeping my logbook accurate. Then, my wife caught me and hanging my head in shame, I turned off FSX. Hurry, Saitek! Please hurry!

My shop is located next to a plumbing warehouse, so I see crack alll day long and I have to say that simming is far better to look at for sure :( lol
LOL.gif regards jim