Sign in to follow this  
Jen

FSPS - FSX Booster v 2

Has anyone tried FSPS-FSX Booster v2 ? I'm curious as to what effect it has on fps with the MD-11 which is primarily what I fly these days while waiting for the NGX.Regards,jack noulet

Hi Jack,I think that most here have tweaked their fsx.cfg files so much that they are not willing to allow a piece of software to modify it. I for one have used many of the tips that I have read over the years and my performance is now at such a level that I am quite pleased (still a bit slow on larger airports, but I can live with it).I personally would not want to experiment with such software.

+1 for Venetubo - however, i personally dont use the external FPS limiter suggestion. I fly with the MCDU undocked on a second monitor. With external FPS on, undocking literally halved my FPS. YMMV, tho, so give it a go.But the changes that the site that Ryan suggested do make a very positive difference.

Thanks for the comments. Regards,jack noulet

I can't imagine there's anything this does that isn't already done by tools like *******'s web tweaking app...http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
Very good tool there.I tried the booster app originally posted about & was unimpressed.

Very good tool there.I tried the booster app originally posted about & was unimpressed.
Works great !!!!But I use the new tool now Xtreme fsx pc!You can also tell the program witch ad/ons you use!That info is passed to the core's!And much more!Info: http://www.737ng.gr/Cheers!

I can't imagine there's anything this does that isn't already done by tools like *******'s web tweaking app...http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
Ryan,For those of us who are not computer experts (a.k.a. yours truly), I have a question:How exactly do I find "how many CPU/threads show in Task Manager? I pulled up my TM, and under the performance tab it says there are 2015 threads running" Since that tweaking program gives a range of 1-16, something is seriously wrong here.Also, how would I know if hyperthreading is active?Many thanks

Has anyone tried FSPS-FSX Booster v2 ? I'm curious as to what effect it has on fps with the MD-11 which is primarily what I fly these days while waiting for the NGX.Regards,jack noulet
I'm not a star in tweaking. Guides for tweaking needs very often a lot of expertise.FSPS give's me 10-15 fps more.Eric

+1 for Venetubo - however, i personally dont use the external FPS limiter suggestion. I fly with the MCDU undocked on a second monitor. With external FPS on, undocking literally halved my FPS. YMMV, tho, so give it a go.But the changes that the site that Ryan suggested do make a very positive difference.
Venetubo is great indeed, and I use an alternative external limiter. Posted by ******* IIRC, it has a .dll and a .cfg file, in the .cfg file you set you're FPS and then you put both files in the FSX folder. I have a stable 30fps, some heavy airports slightly less, but even Aerosoft EHAM, which is build very fps-heavy, runs pretty smooth.CheersDion Mollert

Has anybody else tried the Xtreme fsx pc software? I'm quite interested in this one since I am a novice at most computer tasks.Regards,jack noulet

Ryan,For those of us who are not computer experts (a.k.a. yours truly), I have a question:How exactly do I find "how many CPU/threads show in Task Manager? I pulled up my TM, and under the performance tab it says there are 2015 threads running" Since that tweaking program gives a range of 1-16, something is seriously wrong here.Also, how would I know if hyperthreading is active?Many thanks
Ron,Pull up the Task Manager and go to the Performance tab - look at the number of green graphs at the top under "CPU Usage History" - the number of windows there is going to tell you both answers. If you see only 4 and you have a quad core CPU, you have 4 physical cores and no hyperthreading. If you see 8 however, you have hyper threading. Same would apply to a dual core CPU - if you see 2, you have no HT, but if you see 4, you do. HT adds virtual CPU cores and will show up as double the number of real physical cores you have.You can also download a tool like CPU-Z and get this info too:http://www.cpuid.com...ares/cpu-z.htmlThe info you want is right at the bottom of the first page - "Cores" and "Threads" - if they're the same number, you have no HT.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks, Ryan.....I have 8 graphs, meaning 4 threads, and hyperthreading. That number makes more sense than "2115"