Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Earth Simulations Shawbury Fields 2

More screenshots from the fantastic Shawbury Fields scenery package from Earth Simulations. This has been developed for users of the Horizon VFR Generation X Version 2 photographic scenery, and it is an outstanding piece of work.Landscape view of the RealAir Beechcraft Turbine Duke over Shawbury Fields.Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang over the Severn Valley near Welshpool (and yes, I always fly low and slow with the flaps down...deal with it) :( View from the cockpit of the Project Airbus A318 shortly before landing on runway 36 at RAF Shawbury.View of the Shropshire countryside just after take off from Runway 22 at Rednal in the RealAir Beechcraft Turbine Duke.View of Shrewsbury from the cockpit of my Project Airbus A318.Aerial shot of my Project Airbus A318 on final approach to runway 36 at RAF Shawbury.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Coneman

Great shots Christopher :( I have a couple of questions. Is the terrain in England really that colorful? And is there a package that will add trees to phototerrain for most of England?Cheers,Todd

Todd,Contrary to popular belief, England isn't entirely green! I have seen comments from many real world UK GA pilots who can testify that the range of subtle colours in the Horizon VFR Generation X Version 2 scenery is much more realistic than the washed out green you get with the Just Flight VFR Real Scenery. I have tried both, and the Horizon scenery is much better. Of course, there are areas where the colours are a little over saturated (nothing's perfect), but overall the Horizon photo scenery is excellent. It's also worth mentioning the water masks. These are areas where you can see sand bars and other features just below the surface of shallow water. This feature alone is worth the asking price as far as I am concerned.As for custom autogen trees, check out Treescapes UK by Earth Simulations (www.earthsimulations.com). This product was designed to be used with the Horizon scenery, and it is superb. I have all three volumes installed (covering all of England and Wales; a perfect match to the three Horizon volumes), and I really couldn't do without it now :( I highly recommend that you purchase all three volumes of both products. You will not be disappointed.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nice shots, for the longest time I thought this product was called "Strawberry Fields" LOL

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Coneman

Thank you Chris, will certainly check them out. Look forward to more of your shots :( Cheers,Todd