Sign in to follow this  
BillC

Question - available variants of the Woodpigeon

With eager anticipation of the impending release, I am keen to know which versions of the Woodpigeon will be available in the package. Will we have the operator specific Woodpigeon 1 and Woodpigeon II? The II was of course re-engined with an Anzani as opposed to the Bristol Cherub in the Woodpigeon Classic, the additional 28hp of the II would make a significant difference. If it hasn't got this option then I probably won't buy another PMDG product again. Ever.As regards the external model, will the wings be the original dimensions or the later stretched versions? I suspect that this may be one of the options selectable from the cockpit and would welcome a screenshot of the operation of the feature (both day and night shots please). Actually any screenshots of the model would be quite exciting, especially if Orbx have developed a special version of Yeovil aerodrome just for the Woodpigeon, hopefully with the shorter grass as used during the initial Woodpigeon flight tests.Lastly, and I apologise for going on a bit, I am building a home cockpit for this aircraft and wonder if it will compatible with my polished mahogany joystick and carved oak pedals or will that be a separate module to be purchased at a later date? I am also looking forward to to the arrival of the Woodpigeon FCOM which I ordered from Dorset last week and is now in transit on the West Dorset Carriage hired for the delivery service (spendid order tracking, it left the Drunken Stoat & Deaf Badger Coaching Inn in Piddlecombe last Thursday and is currently en route to St Mary's-in-the-Gusset)Apologies for so many questions but I believe the Woodpigeon will be a landmark FS product which will truly set the standard for other payware wooden biplane companies to match. Will the next product be the infamous Port Victoria Kitten, the PV 7?Thanks in advance, have a nice weekend :(

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

This forum needs a "Like" button for threads like this. :D

This forum needs a "Like" button for threads like this. :D
There is, it's at th bottom of the page underneath the final post...Just%20Kidding.gif

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Guest Macbeth

Did I miss something? As far as I can tell, the next product being released is the 777

I believe the Woodpigeon will be a landmark FS product...
Really? Not a problem. I'm reasonable with a 12-bore — send the dratted woodpgeon over my way and I can guarantee that the possibility will be resolved once and for all. :( OK, now let's get back to the *real* stuff about the NGX.....B.

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

We are currently working on the humidity model (the minute changes in flight characteristics based on the expansion and contraction of the wooden structures due to humidity and temperature). No stone will be left unturned....

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Did I miss something? As far as I can tell, the next product being released is the 777
Long running joke...
Don't worry. I know it's sad but I still don't get the joke but get a kick out of the threads anyway. Before this one post I thought it was a pigeon made out of wood. Now it's cleared up for me a bit.:(

Bravo, Bill. I expect that sometime around April 1 you will post asking about/announcing that the Woodpigeon is in Beta, or inquiring if the failure modes will include ones goggles being ripped off in flight.

Okay. I think that was me who didn't get this right so... :( sshhhhh!

Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

We are currently working on the humidity model (the minute changes in flight characteristics based on the expansion and contraction of the wooden structures due to humidity and temperature). No stone will be left unturned....
Great news about the humidity model! Will it include the effects of the Timber Treatment (Woodworm) Regulations 1910 (Revised) that came in part way through the flight testing? Having to treat the airframe not only added 1lb 3oz to the ZFW but also reduced the ability of the wood to breathe thus reducing the humidity absorption capability of the airframe. I'm sure you have that covered since it did cause a tendancy to overstress the outer struts. I'm also looking forward to seeing if the extended windscreen will be included, this was brought in to allow the pilot to wear a wider variety of hats.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Bill, This Woodpigeon thing is just a joke that, if I remember correctly, started in the "Externalities and the NGX" thread, or maybe before. There is NO woodpigeon being produced by PMDG at this time. Their upcoming developments are the NGX, the 777, the Dash-8, and a probable secret project.Oh, and if you see something about a pogo-stick, that's a joke too.
Bill knows this. This thread is just a light hearted joke. :Big Grin:The pogo-stick is a literal pogo-stick hidden in certain pmdg planes that some users try to find. Kind of like a scavenger hunt.

Great news about the humidity model! Will it include the effects of the Timber Treatment (Woodworm) Regulations 1910 (Revised) that came in part way through the flight testing? Having to treat the airframe not only added 1lb 3oz to the ZFW but also reduced the ability of the wood to breathe thus reducing the humidity absorption capability of the airframe. I'm sure you have that covered since it did cause a tendancy to overstress the outer struts. I'm also looking forward to seeing if the extended windscreen will be included, this was brought in to allow the pilot to wear a wider variety of hats.
Excellent point. I'm assuming a hat paint kit will also be released.

Excellent point. I'm assuming a hat paint kit will also be released.
I am assured that it will include a HUD (Hat Up Display)

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg