Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

747-400X Instrument Lock-Up (?)

Hello All --- well we are working our way up the learning curve on the great 747 and have come across a bizarre problem.This issue occurs at high altitudes, usually after leveling off in a flight plan after some time. What is happening is the main panel instruments (most of them) are locking up (freezing) at times. It does not appear to be associated with any particular event when it happens. The "freeze" happens only to the panel mounted instruments (CRT, etc) and not to the corresponding popup which continues to function normally.The freeze can be broken by changing the view of the instrument (e.g. from VC to another view and back again). The freeze never causes a system crash or a CTD and does not stop the sim -- just a function freeze of the instrument. Again it does not happen at low altitudes and only after a bit of time into a flight, and at high flight levels (FL370-FL400 typically). I am running Win 7 - 64 bit. I am wondering if anyone running the 747X has experienced this, and possibly found a workaround to prevent it. Any help appreciated. Regards, Bob :(

Hello All Again --- it appears this issue has established history. I sure hope there is someone out there who might have a fix for the coding. From what I can see, it has to do with FSX and Win 7 - 64 bit....just my observation.http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/2245-fsx-issue-frozen-instruments-in-vc/Bummer -- but we will keep hoping. Thanks --- Bob :(

I've had that too, but I really don't mind just switching the views (A then SHIFT + A). It takes a second and yr back to normal..

Hello Sander ---- well, it would be nice if one of the great designers out there in "sim-space" would figure out what is causing this, since it is affecting other aircraft from other suppliers as well with exactly the same problem. I verfied it in another very popular add-on aircraft last night. Seems to only appear on VERY complex aircraft at high altitudes....No, it is not a catastrophe, but it is annoying --- especially on aircraft you tend to fly for long periods of time over long distances.Thanks for the input. Regards, Bob Big%20Grin.gif