Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toktik

ATIS, METAR etc.

Guest Toktik

Hi,I'm as a programmer doesn't have any knowledge about ATIS, METAR and other automated communication methods. I should implement a software related to this field. So I need documentation, books, standards.What you can suggest where I can start?Thank you

Guest Toktik
Seriously? Try www.Google.com man...
Nothing worthy. Try yourself.If you find something it should be terminology, example of ATIS. and nothing else.Is there any standard defined for ATIS by ICAO or something else?

Nothing worthy. Try yourself.If you find something it should be terminology, example of ATIS. and nothing else.Is there any standard defined for ATIS by ICAO or something else?
You didn't try very hard. Google ICAO and ATIS

Guest jahman

I don't know why folks bother with Google: For me, if I want to ook-up info on something specific, Wikipedia is the best starting point by far.Try ATIS and METAR and see for yourselves.Cheers,- jahman.

Lol, ok. Well that's your answer then. But google will almost always give you a wiki link..Just open your search bar and type atis and see what pops up. all your answers. Better yet, type atis weather

If you want more detailed reading then what Wikipedia and Google can provide, then take a peak at: http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/D6A522C25E53CBF58625776F0050495C?OpenDocumentThis is the Aviation Weather Services Advisory Circular. This here goes into full detail one what everything means, and how they are used.

Guest jahman
Lol, ok. Well that's your answer then. But google will almost always give you a wiki link..
True, but more often than not the Wiki page will itself contain links to other Wiki pages explaining relevant keywords and concepts, as well as references, so you can dive deeper into the subject right there without doing secondary searches.Cheers,- jahman.