Sign in to follow this  
strider1

X-Plane 10, End of the year ?

Just as I predicted, 6 to 12 months...."Just run your installer (from X-Plane.com) with the BETA options turned ON to get itHave at it and let me know how it goes!austin""ps: X-Plane 10 is much, much, much slower in coming along than I planned.. but it is much, much better as well. It is slow because I have raised the bar ridiculously high for this release, simply because I CAN. SO, I am keeping v9 totally bug-free while v10 is developed, which I am hoping to have ready by the end of this year.""I am hoping to have v10 ready quite a bit sooner than that."

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

If he said he wanted to add to it, then I would totally agree. Last year, you said based on the current timeline and development it will be 6-12 months. Not based on the extra features he recently decided to add. ie. raising the bar ridiculously high.I'm guessing, based on this new statement, your new prediction will be June to December 2012.

Guest veeray

strider1: Any predictions on how long it will take for Goran's 747-200 Study sim? :)

strider1: Any predictions on how long it will take for Goran's 747-200 Study sim? :)
I would be impressed if he got that right

What type of delays occur that causes it to be pushed back a whole year, i thought it was to be releaesd during the 2010 holiday season ?

What type of delays occur that causes it to be pushed back a whole year, i thought it was to be releaesd during the 2010 holiday season ?
It could be anything. Extra features. Coding issues. Quality issues. By Austin's own admission, he has raised the bar ridiculously high during development.PMDG's 737 is now almost a year late and that's just an add on. They estimated that would be out by Mid 2010 and the 777 late 2010-early 2011. And that's just aircraft.X Plane 10 will have features that no one has ever seen before in a flight simulator.So much so that Aerosoft are now developing for X Plane because they "like what they see". Takes a lot to migrate an entire development store from 1 platform to another.

For example the new Global Scenery with a lot of new features and especially new content needed to use those features ... all that for sure needs lots of love :(

Until Austin Meyer himself makes some kind of announcement, there are no firm dates. Any site that does provide dates should not be doing so.

WOW! Great video.Big%20Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

:( default??? :( I like it!Just wondering though, will the livery be changed before release due to the United merger? I know that at least some of the United 747s have not yet changed to the new livery, but as I said, just wondering...Again, I really like it. Its great. What level of systems has been simulated? Obviously this will not be payware aircraft levels of detail, but it certainly looked better than the FSX default because it had some sort of FMC. (if you have ever tried FSX).

Daniel Miller

The author said it's not the final product and it will be better:http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2742.0Default X-Plane 9 FMC is already a very nice tool:http://wiki.x-plane.com/Chapter_6:_Navigation,_Autopilots,_and_Flying_on_Instruments#Flying_an_FMS_Plan