Sign in to follow this  
strider1

X-Plane 10, End of the year ?

.......it had some sort of FMC
The default "pseudo-FMC" is pretty much a simple data entry hook tied to the default GPS where you can enter/save a flight plan and coupled to the AP. It does not simulate any sort of LNAV/VNAV/SID/STAR/enroute data and provides basically a time-to-go/distance information from current position and basic AP route following of an entered flight plan.It's not bad...but its not an FMC. Unless of course XP10 has incorporated a generic Navigraph-supported uFMC version which would be interesting news.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

The default "pseudo-FMC" is pretty much a simple data entry hook tied to the default GPS where you can enter/save a flight plan and coupled to the AP. It does not simulate any sort of LNAV/VNAV/SID/STAR/enroute data and provides basically a time-to-go/distance information from current position and basic AP route following of an entered flight plan.It's not bad...but its not an FMC. Unless of course XP10 has incorporated a generic Navigraph-supported uFMC version which would be interesting news.
http://ufmc.eadt.eu/Universal_FMC/Home.htmlIt's VERY accurate.

Unfortunately not. However, it is an option for people to use in much of their add ons as opposed to the default X Plane FMC.

I really wish Xplane communicated better with the community. I was totally excited to purchase XP10 and thought that it actually would surpass MS Flight in many areas. I just have no idea now because I really have not seen anything of substance for a long time. Just a couple of minor updates to where things might be. Flight is looking very good, I must say.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Ya, MS is really bending over backward to keep us all in the loop.

Calm before the Storm?Big%20Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Just to point out, MikeI have seen more updates, forum posts, blog entries and videos of XPlane 10 than I have of Flight.X-Planes entire ATC and AI is being written by a 3rd party programmer. Austin Meyer has spent far too much money on other developers to work on XP10 to let it turn into vaporware.Patience.

Just to point out, MikeI have seen more updates, forum posts, blog entries and videos of XPlane 10 than I have of Flight.X-Planes entire ATC and AI is being written by a 3rd party programmer. Austin Meyer has spent far too much money on other developers to work on XP10 to let it turn into vaporware.Patience.
I must be missing the posts because all I really see as a non-programmer is what is available on the XP news page, which is lacking. I remember when they had their Tuesday updates for a period of time and then it turned into a once every three month update. Would love to see more updates because XP10 was looking very good. It is just not good messaging to pull back so much.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi all ! Here's a new video with the default Boeing 747-400 in X-Plane 10: cool.gif
nice video and aircraft .. but i never understand how people talk about realism and then fly a 1hour flight in a 747. I never get overly excited about 747 because you have to be on at least a 8hr or more for use of this equipment to be realistic.

I guess all those QF 747 flights beween SYD, MEL and BNE are all virtual then. Plenty of real world ops where the 747 is used on short hauls.

I guess all those QF 747 flights beween SYD, MEL and BNE are all virtual then. Plenty of real world ops where the 747 is used on short hauls.
define plenty? .. I bet less than 1% of all flights use a 747 on a short haul.

Even if its was 0.001% still makes your post about realism / realistic pointless. 1 cycle is still a cycle regardless of time and distance and that sir you cant argue. Nice try though.

Even if its was 0.001% still makes your post about realism / realistic pointless. 1 cycle is still a cycle regardless of time and distance and that sir you cant argue. Nice try though.
my point is still valid ... lots are flying the 747 on routes that RL 747's dont fly ....