Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Qantas repaint request

Hi guys, just wondering if someone would be willing to take on a small project to produce repaints for the Qantas Boeing 747-400 fleet? I'm not sure if all aircraft have been repainted in the new QF colour scheme, but if someone would be willing to do this, I'd be grateful! If so, please let me know.

There is a repaint of VH-OEB in the Avsim Library.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Matthew,Which aircraft registrations do you want and is this for FSX or FS9?I have the basic aircraft repaint already. It's pretty easy to just change the regs.... howeverAlso, I want to mention this... that apart from one or two of the custom liveries, it appears that the tail does differ between aircraft. If you look at the kangaroo foot that runs down to the horizontal stabilizer, the length of the foot tends to change length and either goes "through" the stbailizer or around it. For example compare VH-OJO to VH-OJF.I'm curious. Was this a subtle livery change across the fleet ???Anway, depending on what regs you want, it would be useful to have a summary of which type of tail goes with what reg. If you can do this, that would be very helpful.thxMarkP.S: I saw that VH-OEB now has a new livery with F1 2011 titles. I'm going to add this one to my list of repaint requests as I love F1!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi Matthew,Which aircraft registrations do you want and is this for FSX or FS9?I have the basic aircraft repaint already. It's pretty easy to just change the regs.... howeverAlso, I want to mention this... that apart from one or two of the custom liveries, it appears that the tail does differ between aircraft. If you look at the kangaroo foot that runs down to the horizontal stabilizer, the length of the foot tends to change length and either goes "through" the stbailizer or around it. For example compare VH-OJO to VH-OJF.I'm curious. Was this a subtle livery change across the fleet ???Anway, depending on what regs you want, it would be useful to have a summary of which type of tail goes with what reg. If you can do this, that would be very helpful.thxMarkP.S: I saw that VH-OEB now has a new livery with F1 2011 titles. I'm going to add this one to my list of repaint requests as I love F1!
According to Qantas, as of March 2011 they have the following B747 fleet...6 x Boeing 747-400ER (VH-OEE (OC), VH-OEF (OC), VH-OEG, VH-OEH (OC), VH-OEI (OC), VH-OEJ (Wunala Dreaming))20 x Boeing 747-400 (VH-OEB (NC - F1 Grand Prix), VH-OEC, VH-OED, VH-OJA (OC), VH-OJB (OC), VH-OJC, VH-OJD (OC), VH-OJE (OC), VH-OJF (OC), VH-OJG (OC), VH-OJH (OC), VH-OJI (OC), VH-OJJ (OC), VH-OJK, VH-OJL (OC), VH-OJM (OC), VH-OJN (OC), VH-OJO (NC), VH-OJP (OC), VH-OJQ (OC), VH-OJR (OC), VH-OJS (NC - Socceroos), VH-OJT (OC), VH-OJU (NC - OneWorld))Mark, with regard to the kangaroo, there is a difference. In the old colours (OC), the kangaroo's leg is disected by the horizontal stabiliser whereas the new colours (NC) has the leg pass foward of the stabiliser. This was due to a portion of the stabiliser on the A380-800 not being able to be painted, so Qantas decided to make the entire fleet that way. You'll notice the font and location for the text "Qantas" and "Spirit of Australia" is different and that there is no gold border between the red tail and white paint on the fuselage on the new colours. A few registrations mentioned above I was unable to find pictures of and so I am unsure as to whether they are in new or old colours at this time. I hope someone can do this project, especially the F1 Grand Prix, Socceroos, OneWorld and Wunala Dreaming repaints!

Hi Matthew,Thx for the info. This explains a lot! :( FSX or FS9), you didn't say. ????I'll take a stab at all the Qantas base liveries and regs and I was thinking about doing the Socceroos one anyway plus the F1 2011 livery.No promises on timing though but I'Il do my best. Regarding Wunala Dreaming , that's challenging. I'm not going to promise anything on that one just yet! Re the Oneworld, I'm pretty certain Jim Hodge painted this one already and is available.I need to find the location of that one for you.If I'm able to get this complete package together for you, I'm hoping there's gonna be a can of Fosters at the end of it cos I'm going to be pretty thirsty ???? :( RegardsMark

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

I would rather they were for FS9, preferably. Mainly cos I fly online in FS9 due to Squawkbox not working well for me in FSX, unfortunately. But if the "special" liveries (eg F1 Grand Prix) can be done in both FS9 and FSX, that would be great.Edit: as for the Fosters, I hear German beer is just as good as Aussie beer, if not better in some cases. ;)

Hi Matthew,OK, I can convert FSX textures to FS9, but I'm going to need your help to test as I only have FSX installed.RegardsMarkEdit to your Edit: Not wishing to alienate our Aussie friends here, but yes Germany does have fine beer! I myself prefer Hoepfner Kraüsen. This is one of the local beers brewed here.

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Any updates on this? Would be great if someone could do the same repaints for FS9 as well!