Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Gaurant A300 Panel

I have spent well over eight hours now (excluding tea and lunch breaks!) trying to get this panel to work (Benoit Gaurant - a3bgtv30.zip and whatever updates: there's a file a3bgtv32.zip somewhere too that I have backed up on my hard drive, but can't find it anywhere now) and have had to admit defeat. Has anyone installed this panel and have it working?I managed to sort out all other problems, but I cannot engage the Autothrottle after (or before take-off) - it just makes a 'ping' sound and snaps back to off. If I reload the a/c (after take-off - if you reload before take-off all systems revert to cold and dark) then the AT works, which makes me think the problem is with the panel, not me (after 10 years with FS, I consider myself fairly 'experienced' in this kind of stuff, so don't think I am making any silly mistakes). Maybe there is some little trick to get this panel to work though that I don't know about. I also tried saving the flight with the AT not working and then when it is, after reloading the a/c and then comparing the flt files in a text editor, but I don't see anything to account for this problem.Another simmer with the same problem (guess he gave up waiting for an answer long back!):http://forum.avsim.net/topic/43630-benoit-gaurant-a300-panel/page__p__275426__hl__%2Bautothrottle+%2Bgaurant__fromsearch__1#entry275426Thanks,Martin

I do not have this model but the A320 and the A 310 SSW. For both aircrafts, there is a special procedure to engage the A/T, unfortunately I am not at home now and cannot check this A300 panel (I am interested to try it as well), but all I remember is that when you apply TOGA with the A320, the A/T switches on automatically, for the A310 you need to preselect "Profile" and the proper TOGA value and also the TOGA switch on the throttle before taking off, but I do not know if the A300 was modeled the same way. Why don't you contact Benoit directly and seek his help if his instructions are not clear enough?

Thanks for the suggestion. I am used to the a319/320/321 with its FLX system (e.g. in the PSS airbuses), but I don't see anything like that modelled in the A300, if that's what you meant. I did email the author about a number of areas of the panels which are corrupt/distorted - may be something to do with screen resolution, but I haven't had a reply as yet.I have started to use a different panel for the A300s, not quite as 'interesting' as the one by M. Gaurant, but at least it works. I have now spent pretty much 36 hours on this, sleep and meals apart and I have finally lost patience with it (let alone the will to live!). Going to have to draw a line under this - the Avionics keep shutting down at startup too, even if I load a saved flight with Avionics on (i have the 'electrics always available' switch set too).If you (or anyone) comes up with a solution, I will certainly have another go of course.Martin

Benoit Gaurant wrote to me to say he is creating an new version of this panel, so hopefully that will fix any issues..M.

Benoit Gaurant wrote to me to say he is creating an new version of this panel, so hopefully that will fix any issues..M.
Well, I don't remember having any problem with the A/T, however, I always load the default Cessna and shut its engine down before loading the A300. Have you tried this? And changing topics, does Benoît Gaurant receive suggestions? I'd love to see the HSI NAV course needle slaved to the INS, just like what Bob Scott did with the Tinmouse and the RFP 747.Best regards fron Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I had tried starting with the Cessna, but it made no difference.I don't know if BG is open to suggestions (why not though?) - his email address is at the end of all his ReadMe files here on AVSIMMartin

holy """! cant believe i missed this gem!! awesome panel.. i,m a sucker for these old analog panels =),anyway... downloaded it today after reading ur post... working fine here , have u installed the update? there is a update for this panel.. updates it to V3.2 a3bgtv32.zipso ,, heres how i do it...i set the thrust manager to TO,,, set autothrottle to on,line up on rwy.. give the throttle a little nudge,, just enough so the engine spools up,, then hit N1after TO, climb to desired speed. , i use roughly 220 for climb.. gives a great climbrate.. once climb speed is there.. hit IAS. set throttle manager to CLB power.. set ALT A to on.. now sit back and enjoy... it will level out at ur alt.. the u can hit speed.s button.. anyway,, thats how i do it.. works everytime...or u can just use the thrust manager and adjust the speed manually =P.. works too =P hopes this help u... this panel is just great! i love it =)....regardsRichardt.

Well you learn some thing new everyday. I could never get the A/T to work just like Martin. Took the suggestion of turning off the default Cessna engines and now I have A/T. Just makes this great panel even better.Thanks for the suggestion Steve

Yes, it's a nice panel isn't it? I downloaded it pretty much when it appeared, but had to abandon it as I never really got it to work properly in FS9 (FS2002 was OK). I did install the update you mention. I will try out what you suggest - I always start from Cold & Dark, so am a bit mystified just reading it, but the proof of the pudding will be in the .. flying. I still have the issues of distorted gauges, because BG says they were not designed for anything other than a 1240x768 monitor (I am writing that spec from memory - may be wrong, but that's the gist of it). Good that he is going to issue a new version.Meanwhile, I have been using this panel (AVSIM) - a306-hnac.zip - which is also very good, though not as detailed as the BG one.Will post back my results a bit later,M.

OK, I have found out why I was having problems. On the Electric Power Panel, I have been setting the Essential bus (AC ESS BUS) first to APU Gen when the APU was running and then over to Gen 1 or 2 when the engines have started. That would I am sure (well 95% sure) be the proper way to do things 'real world' and it works for other more complex payware FS9 a/c I fly.But on this panel, moving the dial to anything other than 'NORM' means that the ATHR can't be turned on. So, I will just have to leave the switch where it is - no big deal!Now I am happy - and sad - because the other panel I have been using is great too and I had it tweaked to just how I wanted it, adding extra stuff. I guess I'll go back to the BG panel even so ...Martin

BTW, does anyone else find that with this panel, turning on the landing Lights opens the rear a/c doors??M.

BTW, does anyone else find that with this panel, turning on the landing Lights opens the rear a/c doors??M.
Hmmm!!I may just give this panel a miss for now.unsure.gif10/10 for effort MartinAndy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I find other problems with this panel, as nice as it is - I usually can't get the a/c to follow the flightplan and it also usually just continues past its max altitude - even though the ALT Acquire changes to ALT, as per the instructions.Too much frustration: As I say, as an alternative I really recommend this panel for the a300/310:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004pan&DLID=59420Over 90,000 people can't be wrong!Martin

The other panel you suggest is also very good. However, it's for the A300-600 and the A310, while Benoît Gaurant's panel is for the older A300. Actually, I started to use Gaurant's panel when Simcheck's A300 was released. Too bad I have my FS computer still packed, I have the A300 there so I could check what's happening.Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I downloaded the BG panel pretty much when it appeared, but have never been able to use it since I changed from FS2002 to FS2004. As I said, BG is creating an update, but that may be just to correct the problems with screen resolutions higher than 1024 x 768 (surely everyone these days?). I still have the problem of the a/c ignoring the ALt selected and not being able to engage LNAV (or the equivalent). I'll stick with the other panel for now (yes, it's not quite the same as the earlier a300, but the best option I think if you can't get the BG panel to work properly)..M