Sign in to follow this  
auriga

Some aircraft textures with jaggies

Hello,Some of my aircraft textures have jaggies even if the antialias is working perfect on everything else, any suggestions ?Thanks !

Hello,Some of my aircraft textures have jaggies even if the antialias is working perfect on everything else, any suggestions ?Thanks !
It is a very annoying problem, ATI/AMD video cards for you? Anyway, there is not any solution, I have too and tried for hours and hours in internet but no response. Anyway, antialias only affects to the 3D object shapes, not the textures. For those it speaks about anisotropic filter if I remember well. Have a good luck, I could not fix the problem in my simulation world.Bye.

Hey Rick,I solved the problem, it was related to the absence of mipmaps for the aircraft texture, my card is an nVidia GT 330m.Download the DXTBmp and install texture tool from: http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/programs/dxtbmp.htmFrom the tool, load the texture file corresponding to the exterior aircraft livery (backup first) and then save it again, make sure the checkbox "include mipmaps when saving" is checked.Problem solved, hope it works for you.Good luck.

Hey Rick,I solved the problem, it was related to the absence of mipmaps for the aircraft texture, my card is an nVidia GT 330m.Download the DXTBmp and install texture tool from: http://www.btinterne...rams/dxtbmp.htmFrom the tool, load the texture file corresponding to the exterior aircraft livery (backup first) and then save it again, make sure the checkbox "include mipmaps when saving" is checked.Problem solved, hope it works for you.Good luck.
Hi, yes I know that and I tried but unfortunately you lose in quality, if you look closely you will see the textures are not so crisp. Furthermore, with some aircrafts (e.g. Posky 777) that procedure will give you ugly blurried textures, so I quit it for this reason. Thanks anyway, bye.