Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Having OC issues with Replacement Sandy Bridge MB

My P8P67 replacement. I thought I had a speed problem when seting up replacement mb but was because using an older version of CPU-Z. Need latest to see new B3 steping. Set your OC using the bios <del> and set ratio to 42 or so.Also make sure the onboard tpu and epu switchesare set to disabled (off).Saved profiles may not work either because of chipset and bios changes, I deleted them but haen't tried yet.ASUS tools work, monitor temp/cpu.Good luck...

Doesn't it void your warranty admiting you are OCing to ASUS support?
Why in God's name?Intel actually supports OCing by setting Turbo, so...He didn't say if Turbo is working.Sounds like BIOS is not setting anything.I would suggest using normal BIOS, instead of EFI. Also turn off that stupid Asus logo at boot. And then checking for CPU frequency in the startup sequence. If there it shows no change, then it's sure.

Why in God's name?Intel actually supports OCing by setting Turbo, so...He didn't say if Turbo is working.Sounds like BIOS is not setting anything.I would suggest using normal BIOS, instead of EFI. Also turn off that stupid Asus logo at boot. And then checking for CPU frequency in the startup sequence. If there it shows no change, then it's sure.
Reason I asked is because I always heard OCing voids your warranty, and also because I've been wanting to post in the Asus forums about my issue with this system's LLC + OC: it will overvolt after restarts. In other words, I get more Vcore in Windows (less Vdroop) after restarts than after cold boots And at least my board seems to have the post screen bugged in regards to CPU freq: it shows 3443MHz all the time or something like that, even OCed to 4.8GHz

Guest firehawk44
Just installed my replacement Asus Sabertooth P67 and am having trouble overclocking it. Got my original board to 4.8 mhz without any issues at all. Made all of the same adjustments in the Bios but OC doesn't seem to work. The strange thing is that the overclock doesn't fail. The system boots fine, but the CPU speed does not increase. When I reenter the Bios the OC settings are still the same but the speed is still 3.4 mhz. I tried reinstalling the chipset drivers to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
What are you looking at that states your settings are at 3.4 GHz? Because that's what it will normally show at idle until you open up a program. If you have the ASUS monitoring program running when opening up a program, it will show you whether you are overclocked or not. In the system settings page of Windows it will always show 3.4GHz. Mine is definitely o/c'd to 4.8GHz but everything shows 3.4GHz when idle. When I open FSX or Internet Explorer, it will show the o/c'd speed. I haven't checked but believe it shows 3.4GHz in the bios too even when you have changed all your settings to o/c to 4.8GHz. You should also let the system bios automatically o/c your system and/or go into the ASUS auto tuning program in Windows and try to o/c that way by simply clicking on the Extreme button. The latter will tell you exactly how much they were able to overclock your system. The fact you are able to boot into Windows w/o an issue indicates to me there is nothing wrong with your board.Best regards,Jim

What are you looking at that states your settings are at 3.4 GHz? Because that's what it will normally show at idle until you open up a program. If you have the ASUS monitoring program running when opening up a program, it will show you whether you are overclocked or not. In the system settings page of Windows it will always show 3.4GHz. Mine is definitely o/c'd to 4.8GHz but everything shows 3.4GHz when idle. When I open FSX or Internet Explorer, it will show the o/c'd speed. I haven't checked but believe it shows 3.4GHz in the bios too even when you have changed all your settings to o/c to 4.8GHz. You should also let the system bios automatically o/c your system and/or go into the ASUS auto tuning program in Windows and try to o/c that way by simply clicking on the Extreme button. The latter will tell you exactly how much they were able to overclock your system. The fact you are able to boot into Windows w/o an issue indicates to me there is nothing wrong with your board.Best regards,Jim
The first time I noticed a problem was when I tried to use FSX. Was not performing nearly as well as with original board. Another key thing is that the fans don't rev up which they always start to do when Fsx is loading the scenery. No Turbo, Definately an issue.
Ai Suite is showing 1599.3 mhz at idle...Hmmmmm. That doesn't seem correct....
My P8P67 replacement. I thought I had a speed problem when seting up replacement mb but was because using an older version of CPU-Z. Need latest to see new B3 steping. Set your OC using the bios <del> and set ratio to 42 or so.Also make sure the onboard tpu and epu switchesare set to disabled (off).Saved profiles may not work either because of chipset and bios changes, I deleted them but haen't tried yet.ASUS tools work, monitor temp/cpu.Good luck...
What is CPU-Z? Didn't come with my Sabertooth P67....

Steve Giblin

Guest firehawk44
The first time I noticed a problem was when I tried to use FSX. Was not performing nearly as well as with original board. Another key thing is that the fans don't rev up which they always start to do when Fsx is loading the scenery. No Turbo, Definately an issue.Ai Suite is showing 1599.3 mhz at idle...Hmmmmm. That doesn't seem correct....What is CPU-Z? Didn't come with my Sabertooth P67....
You should Google CPU-Z and you will find where you can download it. CPU-Z gives you valuable info about your system components. But CPU-Z will still read 1599.3 MHz until you open up a program then it will start showing 4788 4800 etc. As I stated before, I am o/c'd to 4.8GHz and the ASUS AI Suite Monitor states 1599.3 MHz at idle too. You appear to be o/c'd okay, you just have a slow running FSX. In that case it could be system drivers. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed that are recommended for the 1305 bios - http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265477 . It does not hurt to reinstall a driver. If FSX is still slow, then you might simply rename the FSX.cfg and let it rebuild and see if the default settings work better and go from there with any tweaks.Best regards,Jim

Asus is sending me a new board....Thanks for the input.

Steve Giblin