Sign in to follow this  
Chunks

Grey out instrument panel, Black ground segments, Run out of memory

Hi everyone. I am fresh off the newbie list and must apologise if this is the wrong place to post but here it goes...LOVE the J41 and have already re-painted with FS Repaint but here's my question:After flying for about 1hr, tje ground starts to black out in segments and in VC, the instrument panel goes completely grey....then "your computer has run out of memory" but on my performance monitor I'm showing @ 2.5 GB of 4GB RAM being used. Am I just overtaxing my system and or would more memory solve the problem...I know more memory would help ME, but leave that to my doctor!Thanks Jim Heslop

Yeah, you´re right! More money might certainly help you to solve this problem. What are your system spec´s so we can judge whether this is the only problem. Do you use a 32 or 64 bit OS? Steffen

Yeah, you´re right! More money might certainly help you to solve this problem. What are your system spec´s so we can judge whether this is the only problem. Do you use a 32 or 64 bit OS?Steffen
Intel core2QUAD CPU, Q6600 @ 2.4GHZ 3.25 GB RAM, XP SP3 32bit Radeon Q9800 graphics card? Also many add-ons such as ORBX-PNW, NRM, My Traffic X, Ultimate Terain Canada, and so on and on. I think I might be trying to push an elephant through a funnel!:(

Intel core2QUAD CPU, Q6600 @ 2.4GHZ 3.25 GB RAM, XP SP3 32bit Radeon Q9800 graphics card? Also many add-ons such as ORBX-PNW, NRM, My Traffic X, Ultimate Terain Canada, and so on and on. I think I might be trying to push an elephant through a funnel!:(
64 bit should fix this. WIndows 7 64 bit is pretty good. If you lower your settings usually it helps a bit

It seems so. Switch to windows 7 64 bit and overclock your CPU and you will have fun again with the jetstream. Btw. I have a little bit better CPU out of the Core2Quad familiy. It´s an Overclocked Q8300 and it works quite good but I will change it to an i5-2500k in a few months.

thats what I'll do later this Spring, go see the local tech guru and do an upgrade. Thanks all for your help. Cheers, Jim Heslop