Sign in to follow this  
Stonelove

AirHauler on Xplane

Hello !Is it only for Windows ? Or will they also release this for GNU/Linux and Mac OS X ?http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=655 :(
Hi, according to the developer on the Air Hauler forum, it's only going to be windows.CheersSteve

Over the next few weeks I'm going to attempt to run Air Hauler for X-Plane via Wine for my Linux install. If this works out then I will post the relevant information. This will open the door to allow a great product like Air Hauler to become accessible to Mac and Linux X-Planers. JustFlight has already confirmed that if I cannot get Air Hauler to work in Wine for Linux that they would refund my purchase. So I can't ask for a more generous offer from them. It makes it a win-win for me - I get Air Hauler working under Linux or I get my money back (which likely will just go into another JustFlight X-Plane purchase anyways).I will reply here hopefully by the first week in May.Derald

I was thinking via XPUICP. But no, I can't get Air Hauler to work nicely in Wine - it starts but I can't get a dialog box to appear. It seems it is a rather sloppy .NET program, and .NET compatibility in Linux via Wine is spotty at best. It seems that Air Hauler doesn't play nice with Wine. It works fine in VMware however. So I could run Air Hauler for WINDOWS and use WideFS and XPUICP to connect it to X-Plane for Linux. Maybe.. I need a linux compiled XPUICP plugin though. So here's where I'm at. Air Hauler (for Windows) doesn't run correctly in Wine. So Wine is a no-go. It does run in VMware. I do not believe Air Hauler for X-Plane is network "aware" and therefore would not connect to X-Plane running in Linux via network. So, my only choice is to run Air Hauler in VMware and use WideFS to connect it to X-Plane - if I can get XPwideclient and XPUICP to work under windows and linux respectively. Even if I can get this mess working in VMware, it is a poor solution. Nobody I know would run X-Plane AND VMware running WindowsXP in a window! A monster machine would be running slowly if I had both apps working at the same time. So, let's hope JustFlight ports to Linux or MacOS because even if I get it working it's not going to be pretty!