Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

A little eye candy...

Gents (and ladies of course, sorry),I was just enroute from Barcelona to Zurich and was enjoying a fantastic REX2 sunset that I thought I'd share. While I agree with those who've posted recently about DCS A-10 being an awesome distraction as we await the NGX, I'd urge anyone not fully familiar with their MD11 to get it out of the hangar and revisit it.For the longest time I had a bit of a 'snobbery' about not flying long haul aircraft on short haul routes, but lately I've really come to appreciate the versatility of the MD11 on routes under 1,000nm. Even if you can't find time to fly 7 our so hours, you can still get everything out of this product that the long-haul enthusiasts do.Want a challenge out of the envelope? How high can you get your MD11, FL430? Higher, maybe? Fancy testing your airmanship out? Try flying a heavily loaded MD11F into Gibraltar. Does the book say it's possible? Who cares! :( I don't know when the NGX will be released, but I can guarantee that complete mastery of the MD11 will fill up the wait pretty well.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Agreed. Been flying my 747 and md11 a lot. Even though the 747 is an old bird its still fun to fly. I got the 747 up to 50,000 I think it was one time. I was pretty light at the time.*side note: How did you create that panorama? Just a few pictures stitched together?

*side note: How did you create that panorama? Just a few pictures stitched together?
Hi Taylor, yeah I just took about 16 shots, converted to jpg, then stitched/levelled/cropped the pano. I find PT gui is pretty good at handling the FSX 'wide-angle' perspective without too much distortion.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Beautiful panorama of one of my favourite offices!The NGX will be out when it's out. Until then, I have loads of toys to learn!Andrew

Howdy all,Another panorama. To pass the time, can anyone guess where I am? And if so, how did you know? :(Edit: It's not an Italian Airport. That'd be too easy!

Mark Adeane - NZWN

How do you shoot panoramas?NVM, I can't read. xD

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Agreed. Been flying my 747 and md11 a lot. Even though the 747 is an old bird its still fun to fly. I got the 747 up to 50,000 I think it was one time. I was pretty light at the time.*side note: How did you create that panorama? Just a few pictures stitched together?
oh cmon, the 747 isnt that old. The classics are but I really don't think the -400 is that old. Joe Barton

oh cmon, the 747 isnt that old. The classics are but I really don't think the -400 is that old. Joe Barton
Considering the 747-400's first flight dates from 1988, I would say it's fairly old. Just my 2 cents though.Regards

FSDT KJFK hehe. I have that scenery.:(
Well done Moses, I thought that would take longer for someone to work out! :( Asides from the Alitalia B777 you can see the city skyline in the left of the picture (just).

Mark Adeane - NZWN

I've recently flown the MD-11 on a trip from Faro to Boeing field, visiting a few other places on route.The idea was to drop the MD11 off at KBFI in exchange for the 737 when it's ready for release.I made a video of it..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roXxrOEEElMWatch in HD 720p

Considering the 747-400's first flight dates from 1988, I would say it's fairly old. Just my 2 cents though.Regards
well yeah but most were built in 1990s so there not at there 20s yet. But I recently flew on a very old KLM 747-400 and it was in a very good condition. I hear uniteds is awful