Sign in to follow this  
BartEnder

Just want to consult You...

Hello follow simmers!I have QX9770 on Gigabyte EP45 board + 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum Edition (http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-ddr3-pc3-10666-platinum-edition.html).I have discovered, that autogen and scenery complexity has no effect on how my rig perform, so I put the sliders to the maximum. But I receive frequent OutOfMemory issues (W7 64bit, ASE, FSFK, MCE and many others).I have decided to replace the memory sticks to 2x4 GB.Right now I have my RAM at 1066MHz 7/7/7/20 compared to stock 1333MHz 7/7/7/20 because I have frequent crashes.I think it will be good idea to purchase 1600MHz and lower it to the 1333MHz avoiding crashes. And of course I would go for lowest timings possible.Is it a good approach? Maybe You can advice different one...I am thinking of Patriot Viper II modules (http://patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=5&catid=79&prodgroupid=187&id=1019&type=1) 8/9/8/24 1600MHz.

I thtink the latencies are too high. Mushkin Redline has 6-8-6-24 and are 1600 mhz. But you may need to check up on restrictions of your board, find out if other people have hit a ram freq. wall. If your ram is running 1T, try 2T for stability. Have you set all the ram values in BIOS manually including voltage?Have you stress tested your system with OCCT? It's a good tool to diagnose system, especially look at the voltage readings. An old or too cheap PSU may ruin your happy flying (once ruined mine).Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,I was not able to find memory with lower latencies unfortunately... I already have 2T and everything set manually - it works from about two years without a lockup. I found it unstable at FSX in stock settings (1333/7/7/7/20) but OCCT provides no errors. So I lowered the bandwidth.MoBo have some sticks with even 2000MHz on QVC, but declocked to 1333MHz (this is the max value for the MoBo), but generally the list is extremely short list of qualified sticks, so I won't go that way.

Hi Bart. Try timings 8-8-8-24 @ 1333.BjornPs: the mobo manufacturers nrver provide long lists of compatible ram. Find the ram manufacturers website and check for compatibility there ;-)

I have purchased 1600-9-9-9-24 RAM and found it to be stable on stock latency and 1333MHz.Next step would be replacing QX9770 and GTX280.Many thanks for help!