Sign in to follow this  
Guest BRISTOL86

FMC/Flightplan Error - Missing Runway!

Guest BRISTOL86

Hi AllPlease bear with me if I'm being a total idiot - I've only just started experimenting with Flightplans and FMC - until now I've just been using the inbuilt FS planner and letting ATC vector me to an ILS approach, so a lot of this is quite new to me...here goes...I set up a plan in FSBuild from ESSA (Stockholm/Arlanda) to EHAM (Amsterdam/Schipol) and selected RWY18R in FSBuild. I was not using ATC and as this was just a test flight for me to cement what I think I know about using the FMC, I chose my own arrival runway in advance.All went well with my flight, until about 10 miles out from Schipol when I realised that there may be a little bit of a problem coming up....my FMC was bringing me down to a runway that didn't exist!Here is my flightplan creation screenshot from FSBuild:fmcerror2.jpgAs you can see, it let me choose RWY18R as the arrival runway (circled in red)Little did I know that according to FS9, Amsterdam/Schipol does not HAVE a RWY18R! Or 18-anything come to that matter! When I check it out in map view in the sim it has 19's but not 18's. Now I'm even more confused as according to Wiki, it doesn't have 19's but does have 18's (suggesting the AIRAC data is correct - which it should be as I'm using the latest cycle in FSBuild and the PMDG 737)Here is the shot on short final to the imaginary runway, with the runway that does exist highlighted orange (RWY 19R) together with the stuff highlighted red highligting the imaginary runway!fmcerror.jpgSo...what on earth has caused this?Is it just a glitch in FS9 (mistakenly having EHAM as having 19L & 19R instead of 18L & 18R?Appreciate any input on this!EDIT: Oh, and to add to the confusion, according to FS9, the runway highlighted in orange is RWY19R. If I'm on final to RWY18R according to my FMC, then shouldn't RWY19R be to my right, not my left?! :Thinking:ThanksMartin

Well, I can't call this a glitch. FS9's runway database was built before the Polderbaan (the "imaginary" runway in red) was built, 18R/36L was then the runway you circled in orange. A newer AFCAD may be enough for solving this issue. HTHBest regards from Colombia,Luis MiguelPS: You're not an idiot :(

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Guest BRISTOL86
Well, I can't call this a glitch. FS9's runway database was built before the Polderbaan (the "imaginary" runway in red) was built, 18R/36L was then the runway you circled in orange. A newer AFCAD may be enough for solving this issue. HTHBest regards from Colombia,Luis MiguelPS: You're not an idiot :(
Ah, I see! That would go some way to explaining why I'm coming down on an imaginary runway! :blush:Where would I go about updating the files required to correct this? Is this something that can be done for the world at large or is it on an airport by airport basis?Thanks for your help!Martin

Airport by airport. You may go to the Library and look for FS2004 AFCADs for EHAM (or the airport you'd like to update). Or try this: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=95523.Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Beat me to it

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

From the AVSIM FS9 Scenery Library the following file adds the additional runway and taxiway system renaming runways as necessary:p5-2004.zipAerosoft has a dual FS version of EHAM. The product page is here:http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd70!0,5773197020,10888_1and screenies are here:http://www.aerosoft.de/_php_projekte/_php_screenshots/screenshots.php?sp=fsx&p=megaairportamsterdamx