Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Impressed with FSX progression

Just thinking today about how enjoyable this hobby has "continued to be"! I never seem to tire of it, and FSX just seems to be progressing within itself because of all of the talented developers out there that continue to give us users phenomenal planes, breathtaking scenery, and accurate weather.I've been fortunate to be able to always have the hardware necessary to run the latest stuff, and I continue to look forward to the incredible possibilities of the future in this hobby.Right now, I'm enjoying the Carenado Baron 58 and the RealAir Duke Turbine like you cannot believe. These planes feel like the real deal, and the instrumentation, views, and handling bring a real smile to my face every time I fire them up. I cannot say enough about my Orbx scenery in the Pacific Northwest, along with Ultimate Alaska. I find myself flying out there more frequently than anywhere else on the planet. Using ASE for weather and REX for textures and sky help create the perfect simulation for me.I can only hope that many of you feel the way I do, and continue to support the many talents who continue to make this wonderful hobby and learning tool what it is today. Thank you.Stan

Just thinking today about how enjoyable this hobby has "continued to be"! I can only hope that many of you feel the way I do, and continue to support the many talents who continue to make this wonderful hobby and learning tool what it is today.
I believe I feel the same way.With a new video card, and FSX stored on an SSD, my system has never been smoother andthe scenery has never looked better.PNW and RME is where I do most of my flying, although I still like the California coast as well.My favorite airplanes are the Bonanza, and Baron (which has received an autopilot makeover by yours truly)and the fantastic Turbine Duke.Add to that a yet to be released VANS plane for just flying around,and I could not happier!

Bert

Same here. Enjoying FSX like never before : the amazing Duke, Orbx AU and PNW, a mix of REX and FEX textures, ASE,... and EZCA 2.0 just round the corner... :(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

My computer sucks but I have been enjoying the Duke (piston/turbine), Orbx Lancair, and Eaglesoft Citation, especially on vatsim. I make a lot of "adjustments" to my system, mainly turning off any ai traffic, deleting tower view (my textures always get blurry), and using external limiter, and sometimes avoiding large cities. I do like to fly over PNW lately, flying very slow, maybe not more than 120 kts in RealAir Citabria. I just discovered yesterday that the thing has flaps LOL!! I've owned it forever hehe.So yeah I'm enjoying FSX!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeh, i must say since i have been lucky enough to build a new rig FSX has really come alive and im really enjoying it

Chris Howard

It is depressing you have to spend at least 2 thousand dollars just to get a computer fast enough to run FSX. And even after that, you have to overclock it to 4ghz so frames are acceptable. Here's hoping MS Flight is a more modern graphics engine.

It is depressing you have to spend at least 2 thousand dollars just to get a computer fast enough to run FSX. And even after that, you have to overclock it to 4ghz so frames are acceptable. Here's hoping MS Flight is a more modern graphics engine.
I know I built mine for around $700 USD and my FSX cranks.

Great to hear that others feel this way, too, Stan. You're right - it's finally "come of age" hasn't it - thanks to the new hardware, and in most cases the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Most sliders to the right, Nvidia Inspector, Bojote's mods - it all works quite amazingly now. I love the sound and the look of the BN Islander - its engines are the most realistic I've heard: the crispness of the landmass as far as one can see: tooling around the OrbX PNW airfields in the BirdDog: feeling the rush as the nose of the Maddog lifts at V1 at SEA: That A2A Spitfire! OrbX "People Flow"! Multiplayer success! I's all there.We could chew the fat forever about the evolution of this sim. It's really nice that so many of us can finally sit down at the drop of a hat without all of the tweaking and fly just about anywhere we want, being immersed in all the reality we expect. Cheers! :( :( :( B)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

P8P67 Mobo............$159.00Intel 2600K...........$344.98Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 Vengeance 8GB....$126.00Nvidia 550 Ti gpu......$150Total....$779.98 That's a far cry from $2000.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

<br />P8P67 Mobo............$159.00<br />Intel 2600K...........$344.98<br />Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 Vengeance 8GB....$126.00<br />Nvidia 55 Ti gpu......$150<br /><br />Total....$779.98     That's a far cry from $2000.<br />
<br /><br />And what exactly are you using for power? A case? dvd drive? Monitor? keyboard and mouse? Lets start adding all that up, then factor in tax and shipping and you are closer to 2k. Not to mention all the addons you would want to use like a yoke and pedalsAnd then I didn't even count all the addons you need just to make Flight Sim realistic looking, REX, Activesky, FSGenesis, Ultimate Terrain, Ground Environment, all the addon airplanes and airport scenery, ORBX, so now the total cost is more like $5k

And what exactly are you using for power? A case? dvd drive? Monitor? keyboard and mouse? Lets start adding all that up, then factor in tax and shipping and you are closer to 2k. Not to mention all the addons you would want to use like a yoke and pedals
Power supply - if the gpu and proc need it - another 140 tops. Use your old case, mouse & KB, and drives.If you're computing and FSX'ing at this moment - you already have all of that stuff. Build the pc yourself. You don't "need" pedals, and a yoke is from 19.95 to 150. I built all my own from an old sidewinder and a couple of cheapo sticks.

use your old parts? Did you not buy those? I'm just talking about total cost. And then like I said, all the addons you would want to buy, to make the game more fun. Out of the box, with the default airplanes, the scenery is bland and boring, and the aircraft are horribly basic. To make this sim realistic looking and playing, you need to spend a lot of money. That's all I'm saying. You can't deny that, why try?

use your old parts? Did you not buy those? I'm just talking about total cost. And then like I said, all the addons you would want to buy, to make the game more fun. Out of the box, with the default airplanes, the scenery is bland and boring, and the aircraft are horribly basic. To make this sim realistic looking and playing, you need to spend a lot of money. That's all I'm saying. You can't deny that, why try?
It seems you are more concerned in wanting to create - and then win - an argument that no-one else but you started, rather than explore a constructive way to enjoy the FSX hobby to it's fullest, as the rest of us obviously are.So... take up golf: take up full size flying: take up scuba diving: take up skydiving; take up sports car racing.Every hobby comes with a price. You pay the piper and get on with it. I'm going flying. This is a waste of breath.

<br /><br />And what exactly are you using for power? A case? dvd drive? Monitor? keyboard and mouse? Lets start adding all that up, then factor in tax and shipping and you are closer to 2k. Not to mention all the addons you would want to use like a yoke and pedalsAnd then I didn't even count all the addons you need just to make Flight Sim realistic looking, REX, Activesky, FSGenesis, Ultimate Terrain, Ground Environment, all the addon airplanes and airport scenery, ORBX, so now the total cost is more like $5k
:(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4