Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

megs8888

Change AIRAC in FMC

Hi I'm trying to fly the angle of attack KSFO to EDDF flight however when I load the relevant flight plan .rte file my AIRAC version is 0811 not 0743 as the Angle of Attack tutorial shows basically I want to load the earlier version is this possible to do many thanks Wayne hart

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why not just look at the waypoints in the RTE file and enter them manually?The whole point of AoA's videos (I think) is to get you to be able to fly them above and beyond what a normal simmer could do. Along those lines, you've been met with a contingency. Handle it with your knowledge of the aircraft. The route will probably be the same, so enter it by hand and you'll be right on your way.Over-reliance on automation will eventually put you into the ground.

Why not just look at the waypoints in the RTE file and enter them manually?The whole point of AoA's videos (I think) is to get you to be able to fly them above and beyond what a normal simmer could do. Along those lines, you've been met with a contingency. Handle it with your knowledge of the aircraft. The route will probably be the same, so enter it by hand and you'll be right on your way.Over-reliance on automation will eventually put you into the ground.
I don't know. Having to learn how to edit the RTE files seems overly much. I'm surprised they did not provide an installer for their route. Anyway, are you sure you cannot build the plan yourself?

I don't know. Having to learn how to edit the RTE files seems overly much. I'm surprised they did not provide an installer for their route. Anyway, are you sure you cannot build the plan yourself?
Not edit. Just read. Open it in notepad and look at the fixes and you'll know what to enter by hand on the flight deck.

Thanks I will try that maybe editing the rte will be better and then load that hopefully I understand it Wayne hartTo Scandanavian13 is there a guide to building my own plan anywhere as I have all the waypoints just not sure how to add them all? Thanks Wayne hart

To Scandanavian13 is there a guide to building my own plan anywhere as I have all the waypoints just not sure how to add them all?
Have you looked in the manual that came with the product? 12-22 FMC Users Manual (pp346) 'Building a Flightplan'